Reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Interesting bit about guaranteed to attack under Holloway yet we never had a shot on target yesterday and scored 3 in 6 games.
    1 game! The last two games we had 15 at rotherham and 15 against derby so that answered that one lol! Honestly 73 one game where we dixnt and youre on it like a ninja lol
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Here we go Pinkie. How many points gained?

Comment

Well what can we do atm? We've at least started playing better in defence and midfield and look way more composed. Only thing we're lacking in is goals! We were hardly firing on all cylinders under jfh and were scraping out draws not due to skill but simply because the other team played worse than us.
        The attack needs to be massively sorted out with a face or two being brought in during jan. Ollie cant do anything about it right now, people just need to accept that we're a bit crap

Comment

We're not about points gained are we?! You was making a big point about our poor shots on goal target but it failed didnt it cos we've been creating plenty before this one game! Im going to give up on this now as i cant compete with youre moaning, its on a birds level no offence 73 btw

Comment

But we are more attack minded under him he just hasdnt found the right formula up front yet , Washington was isolated and I believe needs to play off another one alongside I don't believe he is a focal point number 9 type striker, think Sylla could well be that type but will need time to settle into our game , you could see yesterday he started with 3 at the back changed to 4 and I thought that got us a grip of the game after a difficult start , but went back to a 3 changed personal up front so yes not sure yet what system or players to play up there, ideally I think he would prefer 442 but we haven't really got a box to box midfielder that can allow us to play two up front, like to see young Shodipo given more time on the pitch too, like him very direct and gets his team up the pitch
            Last edited by winalotto; 19-12-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Corbray. I was no fan of JFH but he was somehow nicking results and if he was in charge of the last 6 games he would by shot. My take is the run is unacceptable regardless of the manager and it is up to whoever is in charge to get the best out of what he has. Right now we are not and thats need to change asap as I have seen enough QPR teams be relegated over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                Well what can we do atm? We've at least started playing better in defence and midfield and look way more composed. Only thing we're lacking in is goals! We were hardly firing on all cylinders under jfh and were scraping out draws not due to skill but simply because the other team played worse than us.
                The attack needs to be massively sorted out with a face or two being brought in during jan. Ollie cant do anything about it right now, people just need to accept that we're a bit crap
                i totally agree corbray but it seems some are just hellbent on getting ollie out, but you can imagine how it would be every time a new manager comes in from now, & gets 3 games lol

Comment

Pinkie. 3 goals in 6 1 win in 6 is what it is about. You choose to focus on yesterday but yhe 6 games have been shite and there is no escaping that.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                    But we are more attack minded under him he just hasdnt found the right formula up front yet , Washington was isolated and I believe needs to play off another one alongside I don't believe he is a focal point number 9 type striker, think Sylla could well be that type but will need time to settle into our game , you could see yesterday he started with 3 at the back changed to 4 and I thought that got us a grip of the game after a difficult start , but went back to a 3 changed personal up front so yes not sure yet what system or players to play up there, ideally I think he would prefer 442 but we haven't really got a box to box midfielder that can allow us to play two up front, like to see young Shodipo given more time on the pitch too, like him very direct and gets his team up the pitch
                    Agree with all this plus our strikers are all lacking confidence which doesnt help along with others!

Comment

Corbray. I was no fan of JFH but he was somehow nicking results and if he was in charge of the last 6 games he would by shot. My take is the run is unacceptable regardless of the manager and it is up to whoever is in charge to get the best out of what he has. Right now we are not and thats need to change asap as I have seen enough QPR teams be relegated over the years.
                      But we were simply lucky under jfh. There was no skill, passion or confidence in our game and most of the time our plays played lije they were pro at playing hot potato.
                      Jfh encouraged a crap and bland style of football based on relying on good luck and the other team being worse than us. We'd have been in a relegation battle eitherway if jfh was still here as that was the direction he was taking us. Either way, under ollie at least we're playing better and know that we need to improve our strikers. I don't regret the club getting rid of jfh at all as his time was done, i was so bored when he was manager to the point i'd look forward more to checking the forum post match than the actual match itself!

Comment

Pinkie. 3 goals in 6 1 win in 6 is what it is about. You choose to focus on yesterday but yhe 6 games have been shite and there is no escaping that.
                        Just said on my last post that players are short of confidence and we're not getting any luck! Not alot more ollie can do there apart from keep them believing in themselves! But obviously get creating more than the villa game which after all that we still looked quite comfortable and only lost 1 nil given a couple of saves from smithies!
                        Last edited by Pinkie; 19-12-2016, 11:08 AM.

Comment

But we were simply lucky under jfh. There was no skill, passion or confidence in our game and most of the time our plays played lije they were pro at playing hot potato.
                          Jfh encouraged a crap and bland style of football based on relying on good luck and the other team being worse than us. We'd have been in a relegation battle eitherway if jfh was still here as that was the direction he was taking us. Either way, under ollie at least we're playing better and know that we need to improve our strikers. I don't regret
                          the club getting rid of jfh at all as his time was done, i was so bored when he was manager to the point i'd look
                          forward more to checking the forum post match than the actual match itself!
                          exactly corbray, there was only one way we was going under jimmy, i felt we was heading into a relegation scrap ages ago if he remained and said on here, under ollie i feel with a win we'll start picking up as we've hit bottom and confidence eill sore after a win or two and with playing well! Something we hardly ever did under jimmy!

Comment

Jfh encouraged a crap and bland style of football based on relying on good luck and the other team being worse than us. We'd have been in a relegation battle eitherway if jfh was still here as that was the direction he was taking us. Either way, under ollie at least we're playing better and know that we need to improve our strikers. I don't regret the club getting rid of jfh at all as his time was done, i was so bored when he was manager to the point i'd look forward more to checking the forum post match than the actual match itself!
                            Sorry mate, those highlighted comments are laughable. When we won any game under JFH it was simply down to luck? He encouraged "a style of football relying on good luck"? Do you seriously think that's how he planned games? Okay, lads, just play really boring football and we'll rely on good luck to see us through. Come on, the man deserves more credit than that. He had the same squad of players that Olly has, but with Olly, it's the player's fault, with JFH, it was his fault. Can you see any inconsistency in thinking there?

As for "We'd have been in a relegation battle anyway" how on earth do you know that? Where were we in the league when he left? Where are we now? Let's at least have some rationality in analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                              Sorry mate, those highlighted comments are laughable. When we won any game under JFH it was simply down to luck? He encouraged "a style of football relying on good luck"? Do you seriously think that's how he planned games? Okay, lads, just play really boring football and we'll rely on good luck to see us through. Come on, the man deserves more credit than that. He had the same squad of players that Olly has, but with Olly, it's the player's fault, with JFH, it was his fault. Can you see any inconsistency in thinking there?

As for "We'd have been in a relegation battle anyway" how on earth do you know that? Where were we in the league when he left? Where are we now? Let's at least have some rationality in analysis.
                              No obviously i'm overexageratting it looked that way when we played! Jfh managed us for what ... 45 games??? I bet anyone would struggle to name 5 games were we totally dominated our opposition and looked like a capable team. Personally i can only think of 2 matches, 3-0 vs brentford and 3-0 vs leeds. All other wins we looked lucky or the other team played badly.

And its an opinion on the relegation battle but it looked a hell more likely than competing for the title like some expected.
                              Other teams didn't rate us at the start of the season for a reason, we weren't convincing last season and quickly dropped down the table as this season went on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                We'd have been mid-table complaining about how boring it is to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X