Reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality check

I was born locally and have supported Rs since I could kick a ball in the back yard so I hope I am very wrong but Holloway returning? Really? A lot of the criticism aimed at JFH was deja vous for me. There was a tinkerman over in SW6 and we had our own W12 version. You want players played out of position....send for 'eadless! Speed merchant(!)Steve Palmer centre half at full back, lively Tyrell Forbes full back in the centre is just one example. Weird substitutions made at the strangest times, usually far too late....Ollie's yer man. JFH didn't have a plan B, Hollo didn't have a plan A except to whirl his arms around like a demented North Korean. If this board had been in existence in those days you'd have been reading all the same comments especially in the run up to Hillsborough when we nearly blew promotion because he couldn't cope with the last 6 or 7 cup finals of the season. Did well at Blackpool but he's not a consistent performer - Leicester? Millwall? - so is he really the man for us again?

Leicester was his big failure. Having gone to see Millwall regularly.throughout the years, they were never really of championship quality and he did well to.keep them up one season but no surprise they went back down

Comment

Completely agree. I hope he's improved as a tactician since the last time. I think it would be a step backwards for us if Ollie became manager again. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Is he actually coming though or have we slipped into a parallel universe?

Comment

Loved the triple substitutions as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            lets hope so ... the last part that is

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              No announcement yet makes me think there is some doubt.

Comment

Palmer was also played CM on regular basis if I recall

And Brett Angel brought it to get us over line for promotion

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Palmer was also played CM on regular basis if I recall

And Brett Angel brought it to get us over line for promotion
                  Brett Angell....forgot him. Thanks for ruining my afternoon haha

Comment

Who was it he signed and said he would chase crisp packets in the wind all day then he turned out to be lazy and pony

Comment

Look at the league table, if he was a top performer he would be in the premier league now and we would have no chance of getting him. We are a relegation threatened club in the championship, not Man City.

Glad to see everyone can judge a managers capability without even having a conversation with him face to face or watching his training sessions. Why has almost no fan of a football club who has never played the game gone on to have a successful management career in football ????

Yes he isn't the most exciting prospect and not one of the top managers in the country but we are almost the smallest club in the championship, get a grip everyone. Allardyce, Warburton, Rowett, Clement would be foolish to come to us and unrealistic so who does that leave us with ?

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                        Look at the league table, if he was a top performer he would be in the premier league now and we would have no chance of getting him. We are a relegation threatened club in the championship, not Man City.

Glad to see everyone can judge a managers capability without even having a conversation with him face to face or watching his training sessions. Why has almost no fan of a football club who has never played the game gone on to have a successful management career in football ????

Yes he isn't the most exciting prospect and not one of the top managers in the country but we are almost the smallest club in the championship, get a grip everyone. Allardyce, Warburton, Rowett, Clement would be foolish to come to us and unrealistic so who does that leave us with ?
                        [B[/B]

“He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Will be announced within 24 hours according to SKY...
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            There has to be some reason why still not announced. Still interviewing? Money?

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              There really short of news they have been saying that for three days

Comment

Working...
                              X