Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Ian Holloway Get Us Into to the Play Offs This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    I'm really unsure about Holloway. I just spoke to my colleague who's a Millwall fan and he had nothing positive to say about him. Said he was one of the worst managers they've had, that's really saying something. Said the football and was terrible and that he was really chaotic. Can't see him motivating the players, the foreigners won't understand him or care about his links to the club. I think the board are trying to appease the fans which is not a good idea. Olly was great all those years ago, but that's way in the past, we need to move forward not backwards.
    Weren't they struggling for a few seasons before Holloway took over?

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
      no and that shouldn't be the Aim..this squad is in no way a Premier league squad ...consolidate entertain and be ready for a Push next season.
      Absolutely bang on. Literally couldn't have put it better myself.

Comment

No, don't be silly. That isn't because it is Olly I don't believe anyone could as I don't think we will get the 3 players or more we would need in the Jan transfer window.

Comment

Think short term he will do well or at least that is the hope and the longer term we should worry about later. Climb the table be entertained and see where we end up. Top half great job bottom 6 not so good but hopefully it will be the later.

Comment

I'm excited either way! It's been a morgue down at LR for too long now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Weren't they struggling for a few seasons before Holloway took over?
              That may well have been the case. However the fact remains he wasn't able make a positive change/impact. We're in precarious situation and really need a manager with fresh ideas who will take us forward. I don't think Holloway is the man to do this. If he get's the job I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

What he will get though due to his past with us is time from the punters and after JFH and Ramsay that is needed as both terms were truly dreadful.

Comment

I just hope we play better football, win a few games at HQ and if we end up mid table I think that's possibly where this squad is quality wise.
                  Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

He might be the tonic to bring the club and fans together again, but playoffs this season is unrealistic at this point.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

yes yes yes

laurnence of arabia napolian bonnaparte winston churchill brian clough bill shankley IAN HOLLOWAY

ALL YOU WHO VOTED NO SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES YOU ARE NOT TRUE RANGERS FANS

WE ARE GOING TO DESTROY NORWICH 6-0 AND YOU NON SINGING PEOPLE WHO VOTED NO HAD BETTER SING

OK
                      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                        no and that shouldn't be the Aim..this squad is in no way a Premier league squad ...consolidate entertain and be ready for a Push next season.
                        Should of left jfh in charge if thats the goal imo.

Comment

Oh god, no. I couldn't suffer that football and lackluster personality/interviews any longer.

I was starting to get fed up with the noise 'errrrrrrrrr, errrrrrrrrrr'.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                            bill shankly
                            League of his own. The greatest in my time. Liverpool were dead meat when he arrived. Thats the difference between him and SAF.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                              laurnence of arabia napolian bonnaparte winston churchill brian clough bill shankley IAN HOLLOWAY

ALL YOU WHO VOTED NO SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES YOU ARE NOT TRUE RANGERS FANS

WE ARE GOING TO DESTROY NORWICH 6-0 AND YOU NON SINGING PEOPLE WHO VOTED NO HAD BETTER SING

OK
                              6-4

Comment

Unlikely, is my answer to the poll question. But the truth is, we just have no idea. We have no idea what Ian Holloway we're going to get for a start. As I said in another post, he can be a schizophrenic character, his management style and tactics inspirational one minute, baffling the next.

Much water has flowed under the bridge since he was last here. And Olly has had some successes and some of the opposite - his most recent tenure at Millwall was not inspiring and the fans turned against him much as fans on here turned against JFH. There is no denying there is a unique connection between Olly and Rangers - his cave and his tribe. But is that enough in the modern age? Is guts and gusto enough on its own? And what will Marc Bircham bring to the table, if, as has been suggested, he will be Olly's assistant. Again, we literally have no idea.

So trying to predict the outcome of this season is a total lottery. It really could go either way, or somewhere in the middle. I hope, for all of our sakes, it is, at the very least, a a season of improved performances with a positive outlook for the next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X