Sandro !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    I understand what he'd bring if he was the player we saw 2 seasons ago or even the first half of last season (his passing is poor mind you), but from what I saw in the League Cup, I was anything but impressed.
    In 2 games, he scores 3 goals and gets man of the match. But you are not impressed? Yet you were impressed and happy with Jimmy?
    Sandro is our best outfield player, no ifs and no buts. Value for money isn't one of the phrases I would use to describe his time at QPR, but if players are being picked on ability and he is uninjured he should be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
      In 2 games, he scores 3 goals and gets man of the match. But you are not impressed? Yet you were impressed and happy with Jimmy?
      Sandro is our best outfield player, no ifs and no buts. Value for money isn't one of the phrases I would use to describe his time at QPR, but if players are being picked on ability and he is uninjured he should be playing.
      Exactly.

Can't actually believe we are debating whether a player with 20 Brazil Caps is better than a lad who's never played above Championship level!

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
        Right because what makes a cdm good at their job is the goals they score right? I judge a cdm on tracking runs, winning the ball back, pressure, passing, ability to work under pressure. In those two matches, I saw none of that. What I saw was someone standing about, occasionally running to the ball when it came next to him instead of positioning himself better and a guy who ran forward exclusively for corners. Congrats to him for knocking them in, but it doesn't make him any better a defensive midfielder.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          Neither do I.
          The only reason people have a fascination is because it's a player (A Mercenary, might I add) not playing under the regime, and because the club doesn't want to play him, he's flavour of the week.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Why is he a mercenary Nas ??

Comment

The only reason people have a fascination is because it's a player (A Mercenary, might I add) not playing under the regime, and because the club doesn't want to play him, he's flavour of the week.
              I'm not fascinated by Sandro and I have no agenda against the club's Board but I would definitely like to see if the new manager puts Sandro in the first XI.

Strongest side you can put out should always be the priority and if fit, should use him.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                Why is he a mercenary Nas ??
                Was just about to ask same thing

Comment

Elaborate?
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

To be fair to Nas any one on big money who begs for a move can fit into the mercenary cap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      To be fair to Nas any one on big money who begs for a move can fit into the mercenary cap.
                      Could argue the opposite - he is on a big wedge here, a mercenary would happily sit there and take the wage? Whereas he wants out to play football - something he isn't doing here.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

He would be long gone and playing football if he wanted to matty mate .
                        It's the big wage that he gets here for doing fark all that's the only thing stopping him.

Comment

Why won't the club address us fans on his situation and tell us the truth?

Does he still attend training?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            He would be long gone and playing football if he wanted to matty mate .
                            It's the big wage that he gets here for doing fark all that's the only thing stopping him.
                            Wouldn't be the first player to do that would he?

If a player wanted to play he could always change the terms of the contract, the team should also be allowed to say why a player is not playing or wanting to leave.

If we're silly enough to offer those wages, then play him and hopefully he'll help us with those extra points.

Comment

Just need to play him, you might as well pay hisi contract out if he isn't going to be picked.
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Think Sandro situation is deeper than just not being good enough to play, We will soon know next week as I am sure Holloway will pick him if he sees him as an asset.

Comment

Working...
                                X