No announcement yet.

If Fernandes decides to sell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have not taken 1 step forward under this guy so think the moonwalk is more of our dance.

Comment

What was it Kartman said? 'If you're gonna fvck me up thearse at least take me out for a meal afterwards'. We don't even get a bag of crisps.

Comment

Amazed he has not had any questions chucked at him?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
          We should take up line dancing. Be world champions as always taking 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. I thank you
          Isn't it four steps back ,,,

Comment

The game that defined us was City away in 2012 as that should have been the day where he took something from it. What did this bufoon do? He buys about 10-12 players and builds a few blue and white planes.

Comment

I think a lot depends on what he'd want for us. If Tony wanted to sell for a realistic price for a Championship club with very few valuable assets other than the ground, then for sure there would be plenty of interested parties. If he in some way wanted to recoup a decent amount of the 10's of millions of quid he's wasted in the 5 years hes been here then he'd have no chance.

Comment

If he could sell he would but he can't because his involvement at QPR is not about the football on the pitch but about what he get off the pitch from it.(OOC). All the I care crap he spins is rubbish because remember he is a West Ham supporter who tried to buy them with the same thing in mind. Olympic Stadium!

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  If he could sell he would but he can't because his involvement at QPR is not about the football on the pitch but about what he get off the pitch from it.(OOC). All the I care crap he spins is rubbish because remember he is a West Ham supporter who tried to buy them with the same thing in mind. Olympic Stadium!
                  Nonsense, why would a guy come into the club and start chucking money around the way he did if he was only interested in his own financial gain? It makes zero sense!

Yes, he's a West Ham fan, but so what? How many chairmen actually support the club they own? You think Abramovich grew up with a hard on for Chelsea? And look at it the other way, Chris Wright was supposedly a QPR fan but that didn't stop him from forcing us into administration and leaving the club hamstrung with debt ever since.

I honestly think that Fernandes believed he could make us a top side when he joined. I think he thought he could do what Abramovich did at Chelsea and what the Arabs were in the process of doing at Man City. Bear in mind that Fernandes was a young guy (in billionaire terms), who had been immensely successful in the years running up to buying QPR. He'd gone from being Richard Branson's CFO to buying a failing airline and making it an extremely successful international business. The guy probably thought he could do anything. This is typically the nature of guys who become extremely rich. They typically are open to risk and extremely confident in their own abilities.

Unfortunately the reality has been very different. Fernandes surrounded himself with too many people that either had no idea about football or had only their own interests at heart. He has squandered 10 of millions and we're sat 15 or 16 league places below where we were when he arrived. That's life I'm afraid but the outcome certainly doesn't make Fernandes a bad person or a failure, I commend his balls and enthusiasm (even if I do think he's been very niaive at times).

I see a lot of fans trying to paint him as some sort of pantomime villain, saying things like "you never see him at Loftus Road anymore" or "he only cares about Old Oak Common". You know what, I'm not surprised you don't see him at Loftus Road anymore, have you seen how much crap he's had to deal with over at Air Asia? Plummeting revenues, plain crashes etc. Would you care about football if you felt responsible for the death of 162 people? What's he gonna do, walk out on his multi-billion dollar airline business during a crisis cos the QPR fans would like to see him at the match every weekend?

With regards to Old Oak Common, it's clear Fernandes sees an opportunity to do something that will benefit the club, the community and hopefully will make him some money. Fair play to him. If I'd just spunked the best part of 200m quid over the course of 5 years I'd be looking for ways to recoup some of it too. I hope he makes a success of it.

At the end of the day Fernandes is a business man. If he sees opportunities to make a coin and it doesn't negatively affect any of his other business interests why should he be criticised for that? If you want to dislike the bloke then dislike him cos he hasn't made a success at QPR. Don't go looking for dirt that ain't there!
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 11-11-2016, 11:03 AM.

Comment

If you genuinely believe he came in to make us a top side then that is your opinion and something you are entitled to.

Comment

Tarbie, Your post makes sense re his Airline as all that stuff means more than our club as for looking for dirt no mate not looking for anything just see him and sport do not work and the best part 5 odd years down the line the same mistakes are being made and that from a successful businessman is no good for the businees you own or front.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        Tarbie, Your post makes sense re his Airline as all that stuff means more than our club as for looking for dirt no mate not looking for anything just see him and sport do not work and the best part 5 odd years down the line the same mistakes are being made and that from a successful businessman is no good for the businees you own or front.
                        Now that I agree with. He's not a good football chairman. He may improve having learned a few lessons but so far his reign has been a disaster.

I still however believe he deserves our respect. I genuinely believe he has always had the best interests of the club at heart and he has always done the best he can by us. He's also ploughed in a load of his own cash in an effort to make amends for his mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Nonsense, why would a guy come into club and start chucking money around the way he did if he was only interested in his own financial gain? It makes zero sense!

Yes, he's a West Ham fan, but so what? How many chairmen actually support the club they own? You think Abramovich grew up with a hard on for Chelsea? And look at it the other way, Chris Wright was supposedly a QPR fan but that didn't stop him from forcing us into administration and leaving the club hamstrung with debt ever since.

I honestly think that Fernandes believed he could make us a top side when he joined. I think he thought he could do what Abramovich did at Chelsea and what the Arabs were in the process of doing at Man City. Bear in mind that Fernandes was a young guy (in billionaire terms), who had been immensely successful in the years running up to buying QPR. He'd gone from being Richard Branson's CFO to buying a failing airline and making it an extremely successful international business. The guy probably thought he could do anything. This is typically the nature of guys who become extremely rich. They typically are open to risk and extremely confident in their own abilities.

Unfortunately the reality has been very different. Fernandes surrounded himself with too many people that either had no idea about football or had only their own interests at heart. He has squandered 10 of millions and we're sat 15 or 16 league places below where we were when he arrived. That's life I'm afraid but the outcome certainly doesn't make Fernandes a bad person or a failure, I commend his balls and enthusiasm (even if I do think he's been very niaive at times).

I see a lot of fans trying to paint him as some sort of pantomime villain, saying things like "you never see him at Loftus Road anymore" or "he only cares about Old Oak Common". You know what, I'm not surprised you don't see him at Loftus Road anymore, have you seen how much crap he's had to deal with over at Air Asia? Plummeting revenues, plain crashes etc. Would you care about football if you felt responsible for the death of 162 people? What's he gonna do, walk out on his multi-billion dollar airline business during a crisis cos the QPR fans would like to see him at the match every weekend?

With regards to Old Oak Common, it's clear Fernandes sees an opportunity to do something that will benefit the club, the community and hopefully will make him some money. Fair play to him. If I'd just spunked the best part of 200m quid over the course of 5 years I'd be looking for ways to recoup some of it too. I hope he makes a success of it.

At the end of the day Fernandes is a business man. If he sees opportunities to make a coin and it doesn't negatively affect any of his other business interests why should he be criticised for that? If you want to dislike the bloke then dislike him cos he hasn't made a success at QPR. Don't go look for dirt that ain't there!
                          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Tarbie, I will agree to disagree and as I said your post makes sense in all areas.

Comment

Think your hatred against a man whos done his bollarks for the club you grew up with, is mis-guided mate.

Comment

Will always be an attractive club to buy due to our location and ownership of ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X