No announcement yet.

May I be the first to congratulate Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Warnock the hero, messiah, the saviour - Why do these certain type of fans keep harping on about NW and always fall back on him in any debate about the board, does my bean in.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
      Anyway when's the official announcement due?
      I just left the ground after getting Ipswich tickets and it never looked like a hive of activity

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Neil Warnock the hero, messiah, the saviour - Why do these certain type of fans keep harping on about NW and always fall back on him in any debate about the board, does my bean in.
        I know what you mean mate but Rangers fans are always harping back for the past Warnock, Ollie, Adel, Barton etc

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          I know what you mean mate but Rangers fans are always harping back for the past Warnock, Ollie, Adel, Barton etc
          Surely though... MOVE ON.

Comment

• Westy, That is very very true we do harp back to the past and I can remember Gerry's 2nd coming and it was nowhere near like the first and maybe that is why people have questioned this appointment as it is going back in time. Me personally would not have chose him but as he is with us I will give the man all the backing in the world as I only care about us doing well.

Comment

• Ameeeeeeennnnn.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                Me personally would not have chose him but as he is with us I will give the man all the backing in the world as I only care about us doing well.

Comment

• We all have different ways of seeing the board, manager, and so on but underneath it all we all want the same thing so good luck Ollie and let the fun begin.

Comment

• Not my preference either 73 but like you once he's the leader of the team I'm on board and will back him

I'm slowly warming to the idea given who some of the other options were but it's just sad state of affairs just how unattractive a proposition we have become to potential managers. There is work to be done hopefully this is first step back in right direction

It will probably get announced as I send this but longer it goes on and he's not announced not convinced it will be him

Comment

• I have voiced my concerns re Fernandes and co and been accused of hating him which is not the case. I just do not like the idea of a chairman who consistently mis manages our club. Agree sad that we cannot attract more than Ollie. Nothing against him and was not meaning it to be a derogatory remark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                        How do you know ollie had told them to do that? That could of been the players!
                        The same tactics week in week out show it was Ollie's tactics, same as JFH' s team was playing to his.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          We was buggered then! Why does that matter when he brought us up the way he did on hardly any money!
                          The team had enough to stay up. It matters because that seems to have been overlooked by fans blinded by him winning promotion at the 3rd attempt apparently on no money, yet QPR were one of the highest spending teams in League 1 and also amongst the best supported.

All I'm saying is he was not as great as some like to think. I think QPR should be able to attract a better manager, but obviously the club has become such a circus that no one wants to work under LF & TF.

Comment

He is a nostalgic choice but the game has moved on since his last stint and the man deserves to be remembered favourably due to 1st time around. Gerry was not the same 2nd time up and he tarnished his reputation in the process.
                            True.

Comment

Shepherds, We can all over react and we are a fickle bunch but I think we all want the same end result and that is a decent side on the pitch week in week out.
                              Yes,we do and if Ollie can deliver, we will all be happy clappy fans.

Let's now wait and see how this story unfolds.

I cant recall many managers returning for a 2nd spell and it ending in happiness.
                              Tommy Docherty, Gerry Francis at QPR, there was a Norwich manager on the 80s mike Walker? And more recently Jose M at Chelsea (Won the league then got sacked).
                              There are others too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post
                                I do feel an element of ingratitude exists amongst fans.

TF has made mistakes (show me a man who hasn't and I'll show you a liar)

He has hired Mark Hughes (great pedigrer) and HR (who had just missed out on the England job)
                                He has spent big until FFP caught up with him.
                                He is attempting to build a new training ground and stadium.
                                He has appointed a DOF to offer stability and having got mugged off my agents abusing his naivety.
                                He has encouraged managers to try and bring through youth players.

All have been marred by results but not intent.

He has seen attendances drop, team and fan morale drop and taken a lot of criticism on the chin.

So the club have decided to arrest the slump of the club by appointing a manager they think will galvanise the fan base and players, maybe even give the transition phase a chance!
                                Good points there, but he is still making errors and sorry I disagree to some extent about the DoF. Appointing the inexperienced LF at a Premiership club was an act to appease fans and a fully qualified Chief Executive should have been appointed.

Comment

Working...
                                X