Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's worried

Not saying I wanted him but TS is now out of the running ,,,

Holloway being touted as the fans favourite (not mine) as well as at the bookies..and some of the other names mentioned including the Aberdeen manager ,,,

Am I the only one (of course I know I'm not) that is seriously concerned about who we will appoint ,,,

I don't believe our hierarchy have a clue when it comes to appointing the right man ,,,

Excuse my lack of faith but I can see them making an almighty #### up ,,,

Please prove me wrong

Originally posted by skranger View Post
    Not saying I wanted him but TS is now out of the running ,,,

Holloway being touted as the fans favourite (not mine) as well as at the bookies..and some of the other names mentioned including the Aberdeen manager ,,,

Am I the only one (of course I know I'm not) that is seriously concerned about who we will appoint ,,,

I don't believe our hierarchy have a clue when it comes to appointing the right man ,,,

Excuse my lack of faith but I can see them making an almighty #### up ,,,

Please prove me wrong
    Have to say that a the moment that looks odds on.

Comment

Nope not worried, many thing is to ensure we stay up this season and I am very pleased that Sherwood isn't coming.

Some of the others mentioned like Cotterill, Dickov & Powell would be very disappointing and I would be worried. The club cannot appointment managers that do not want to join us, it is a 2 way process. I don't for one minute believe Olly would have been the first choice and if he was the best candidate out of those that did want to come then why not give him a go. We have tried big names and we have tried "fresh, young" managers so why not try something else.

Comment

Not worried at all, couldn't care less than Sherwood has gone elsewhere, in fac I am glad.

Hollowa being bookies favourite means naff all, the favourite in a new manager race changes daily. Relax mate.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I'm worried that no decent manager was interested in us and the only ones who applied were desperate ,the big worry now is who do we get when holloway is sacked ( which he will be),will our choices be Johnson freeman and Powell again?????

Comment

I was not a TS fan either but some of the other names being mentioned are not inspiring me with confidence .. and the fact that Ollie is being touted as favourite scares the life out of me ... nice bloke and all that but not our manager please

Comment

Not worried at all really.

Holloway has the club's best interests at heart. Tactically not a great manager but we know he'll give it a damn good go and (hopefully) may feel he has something to prove after his last tenure here.

JFH: Young manager with ambition and clear playing style (didn't use it with us) and ex fantastic footballer - Failed
              Hughes: Middle aged manager who spends big and ex fantastic footballer - Failed
              Redcrapp: Old Manager famed for his man management and spends big - Failed

We've got interest in a middle aged club legend who was fairly decent at football and loves the club and would bleed blue and white wants to manage us. If he interviews well then that's all people can do at interviews is go by that.

Do I think he's a long term solution? No.

But no manager available is what we need for long term future just yet.

Get someone who can steady the ship for a year or two whilst playing mildy exciting football and not get us relegated until everything is in place (training ground etc)
              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

If you assume that Rowett and Allardyce don't want the job, who (being realistic) does that leave us to get ?

Comment

Olly and Birch till the end of the season to sprinkle a little life into the club is perfect. Even on a rolling contract I'd be happy. Just not sure Olly is a long term appointment these days.

Comment

Holloway has been promoted out of this league twice with clubs who didn't chuck money at their squads and kept a very poor Milwall team up as well as getting Blackpool to a play off final! That's not including the job he done at us in league 1.

No need to panic. Let's give him a chance and see what he can do with this current squad.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Relax mate.
                      Yeah Matty thats what I needed to hear, Rs related stress has been kicking in again...........

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                        Holloway has been promoted out of this league twice with clubs who didn't chuck money at their squads and kept a very poor Milwall team up as well as getting Blackpool to a play off final! That's not including the job he done at us in league 1.

No need to panic. Let's give him a chance and see what he can do with this current squad.
                        Not being a doom monger here but the world has changed so much since them days and the championship has evolved even further.

Comment

Why would both of them give up jobs to work for us for 6 months and then be unemployed, who do we think will come at the end of the season that won't come now ?

What is a long term appointment in the Championship anymore, 18 months ? 2 years ?

Comment

Not worried at all cos was prepared to give the King of Dross another season to get us up. So let Ollie have his nine months to a year like every other manager gets. He won't take us down and you never know with some real luck he might take us up the table.
                            Would of been worried and pished off if it was Powell or Robinson.
                            Ollie is the best of the bad bunch we were seeing in the betting

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                              What is a long term appointment in the Championship anymore?...
                              Not Ian Holloway, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X