No announcement yet.

not sherwood then....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There`s no point for us QPR-supporters to "gloat" just yeat. In fact never if I should say so.... I bet we will end up with Holloway.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
      What a weird appointment.

How is Sherwood in any way qualified for a DOF role? But then again, how was Ferdinand when he joined us?!!
      TFFT

Comment

Assume he's there to continue the tradition of Swindon Town being our feeder club
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

His role is DOF but he's taking training and picking the team alongside their current head coach - Explain that one

Comment

Just saw press conference on sky what a total and utter c ock. So glad we binned him as I was open to the idea

Comment

Could it be he knew he wasn't getting the job with us so wanted to take something to save face and not look like he was overlooked and rather that he had another job first.

I agree it is really weird that he is taking training etc if he is a DOF. How long before there manager walks and he takes over.

Comment

Never again should that prick be linked to our club again

Comment

I guess it wasn't about money then? Swindon are hardly paying much?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Never again should that prick be linked to our club again
                    with bells on !

Comment

Always will be while managers come and go and d.o.f stay in place.

Comment

Bloody glad he's not coming to us. Can't stand the geezer.
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Sherwood is in with the chairman at Swindon big time, what dose it say for the coach who's there when he has said he's picking the team and style of play?

Comment

Redknapp is the guest presenter with Alan Brazil on Talksport tomorrow morning and Sherwood is one of the guests on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Redknapp is the guest presenter with Alan Brazil on Talksport tomorrow morning and Sherwood is one of the guests on the phone.
                              Bound to be talking about qpr then

Comment

Evening folks.

Swindon fan here, I pop in here for a look from time to time considering there's quite a bit of activity between us.

Tactics Tim will be manager in all but title. It might look odd on the outside, but it makes quite a bit of sense. Sherwood is best mates with our chairman Lee Power and is often at games. The previous manager, Luke Williams, is very highly thought of by Lee Power. By all accounts he is an outstanding coach but, as it turns out, not a great manager. Power says Williams is integral to our plans, which largely involves polishing turds before selling them on. He was quite reluctant to take on the manager's role to begin with. The DOF title for Sherwood is likely to just help Williams save face as Tim takes over his duties and Williams steps aside. He (Williams) actually sounds quite relieved at not having the responsibility any more. Performances have been dire and it seems he just wants to do what he's good at.

Personally, I think Sherwood had been bought in on a consultancy basis to try and help Luke Williams and will step back when Williams is up to speed, but that's just me speculating. Either way, it's got off to a pretty good start.

Oh, and thanks for Doughty. Furlong isn't too shabby either. How's Luongo and Gladwin doing?

Comment

Working...
                                X