Stability and the appeal of QPR to potential managers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stability and the appeal of QPR to potential managers

There was an article posted on here I think yesterday about JFH and how we are perceived as a club and lack of stability etc. That got me thinking which isn't always a good thing.

I actually think a lot of work has gone into trying to create stability over the last year or two. I personally believe the board have seen where they previously went wrong and are trying to do things the right way. Youth system appalling, will take years to put right, but things put in place. Owners know little about running a club so installed a hungry DOF to assist them on football side of things. Lots done with coaching staff. Working to get training ground through and trying to progress new ground. Board seem largely settled.

Types of players we go for have changed from older mercenaries to hungry younger ones. Still going through that process and suspect a couple of transfer windows away from being where we need to be.

Where it has gone wrong has been managerial appointments but hard to criticise them ignoring the benefit of hindsight. CR extremely well respected coach in the game, was at club already and apparently had the backing of players. A clever guy. Sadly didn't work. JFH, up and coming League 1 boss, great profile in game. Not worked. Doesn't mean everything about QPR is **** frustrating though it is.

Ignoring media hype we have a lot going for us to an incoming manager. Supportive board, lots of work going into infrastructure, club wants to progress and has potential. Granted there will be some who will be nervous of working alongside a DOF but that can actually be seen as an advantage if you get the right mix of personalities and is the norm abroad.

As fans we maybe need to draw a line under the negativity this season, caused at least to a degree by some awfully tedious football, and hope that if we get the right manager in this time that better times could be around the corner.

On the other hand could go horribly wrong again!

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
    There was an article posted on here I think yesterday about JFH and how we are perceived as a club and lack of stability etc. That got me thinking which isn't always a good thing.

I actually think a lot of work has gone into trying to create stability over the last year or two. I personally believe the board have seen where they previously went wrong and are trying to do things the right way. Youth system appalling, will take years to put right, but things put in place. Owners know little about running a club so installed a hungry DOF to assist them on football side of things. Lots done with coaching staff. Working to get training ground through and trying to progress new ground. Board seem largely settled.

Types of players we go for have changed from older mercenaries to hungry younger ones. Still going through that process and suspect a couple of transfer windows away from being where we need to be.

Where it has gone wrong has been managerial appointments but hard to criticise them ignoring the benefit of hindsight. CR extremely well respected coach in the game, was at club already and apparently had the backing of players. A clever guy. Sadly didn't work. JFH, up and coming League 1 boss, great profile in game. Not worked. Doesn't mean everything about QPR is **** frustrating though it is.

Ignoring media hype we have a lot going for us to an incoming manager. Supportive board, lots of work going into infrastructure, club wants to progress and has potential. Granted there will be some who will be nervous of working alongside a DOF but that can actually be seen as an advantage if you get the right mix of personalities and is the norm abroad.

As fans we maybe need to draw a line under the negativity this season, caused at least to a degree by some awfully tedious football, and hope that if we get the right manager in this time that better times could be around the corner.

True, but this time it was quite good.
    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Get this bit right and we are just as capable as anybody else of providing stability.

Another poor managerial choice (and there have been some right shockers linked with us by the media), then the same thing will happen again and we can discuss it all once more early next year.

Comment

Top post. All we're lacking is a decent manager.
        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
          Top post. All we're lacking is a decent manager.
          I honestly don't think we should get carried away, even if it seems a great appointment. You could have a genius gaffer in but the fact is that we're short on quality at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            I honestly don't think we should get carried away, even if it seems a great appointment. You could have a genius gaffer in but the fact is that we're short on quality at the moment.
            True to be fair, we are lacking 2 or 3 very good players. Both fullback spots and possibly upfront need addressing asap.
            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
            X