Marco Silva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marco Silva

Do we think someone of this type is even on the club's radar?

I genuinely wonder.

I give you David Wagner just as one successful example in the championship.

#ThinkOutsideTheBox

Be a big gamble this time, having said that any managerial appointment has a risk attached to it , but I really think this time they will go with someone who has some experience of the championship or the football in this country

Comment

Did vote for him in one of the polls,would be great if we were after someone of his ilk,young progressive manager who has done well in management so far.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
        Be a big gamble this time, having said that any managerial appointment has a risk attached to it , but I really think this time they will go with someone who has some experience of the championship or the football in this country
        But that's exactly why I give the Wagner example Winalotto. Foreign and with no prior champs experience. Surely the club hierarchy can't have failed to notice that.

Comment

Yeah I understand , I just think they will hire what they believe is a safe or tried and trusted type , someone like a Cotterill or Robinson who have been around the lower divisions worked within tight budgets , I stated I would like the club to go get Lee Johnson out of Bristol City I think he would be great for us, I think we will end up with that type of coach not a continental coach

Comment

I want our next man to be here now and 2-3 years from now building up the team and club. We need someone who has did this kind of job before.

Comment

Marco Silva would be a huge statement and one I'd love at the club.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Am I hallucinating, or are we actually agreeing on something Nasser?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  Am I hallucinating, or are we actually agreeing on something Nasser?
                  I've always wanted us to get in a continental manager haha. This guy has a great record and is a generally fairly unknown prospect for other managers in this league to try and plan for. He'd be great.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Can you make a silk purse out of a sow's ear? You can't polish a turd. You can't turn vinegar into wine.

Any manager would struggle with our resources in this league. Some think we have a team somewhere in this squad. Its a relegation/league 1 outfit that has been playing boring football just to survive and given all that it is capable of.

A new manager will be under the cosh from the word go because the thinking is we have been underperforming under the previous manager. JFH's tactics reflected the dearth of ability in this squad.

Brian Clough would turn down the job if it meant he could return from the dead.
                    Last edited by acricketer; 09-11-2016, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I've always wanted us to get in a continental manager haha. This guy has a great record and is a generally fairly unknown prospect for other managers in this league to try and plan for. He'd be great.
                      I agree. Furthermore he's actually available currently. The odd thing is his name hasn't even been mentioned anywhere in the media, which leads you to suspect the club have overlooked his type. It would be a mistake IMO to not even consider him, especially when we see some of the more inferior names high in the betting stakes.

Comment

the club have overlooked his type.
                        Prejudice?

Comment

Indeed, but would anyone of that calibre work under Les?

Silva Flores AVB (was available until a week ago)....... my three top choices. None of them will have been approached.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            Indeed, but would anyone of that calibre work under Les?

Silva Flores AVB (was available until a week ago)....... my three top choices. None of them will have been approached.
                            Why not? And if so, a mistake IMHO.

Comment

Why not? And if so, a mistake IMHO.
                              Maybe because at a small club like ours they reckon that quality candidates will want a bigger say, and may not prepared to work with an unproven dof like Les. I suspect a list of potential managers swerved since TF walked in would make sobering reading.

Comment

Working...
                              X