• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We knew this was coming

http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...road_1_4767029

Les and the Rooney rule again?

Comment

Fans favourite! Hope they are referring to his past life with us
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

More like Les and the looney rule!

Comment

Oh dear
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

FFS...... Its a wind up, right.

Comment

If Powell gets the job I for one will not set foot at a rangers game until sir les of Spurs has gone. Fed up with him using us as a platform for the Rooney rule. The only black manager with a decent reputation is Chris houghton who is obviously not black enough as he never gets a mention. Powells not been great wherever he's managed so swerve him.

Comment

#### saaaaaaaakeeeeeeeee

Comment

Dont panic, yet, this is all just paper speculation using the principle that controversial news creates speculation ! and speculation keeps the bets coming. No real reason yet to #### the club off just yet, lets at least wait until an appointment has happened

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                    If Powell gets the job I for one will not set foot at a rangers game until sir les of Spurs has gone. Fed up with him using us as a platform for the Rooney rule. The only black manager with a decent reputation is Chris houghton who is obviously not black enough as he never gets a mention. Powells not been great wherever he's managed so swerve him.
                    Chris is just the sort we should have looked at before he went to Brighton , but you do know who he played to Clive

Comment

I don't think even Rangers would be stupid enough to go for Powell.

Not because he's crap as we have a history of appointing rubbish managers recently. But the poor bloke wouldn't stand a chance from day one, for the obvious reason. And it's not a reason I enjoy seeing discussed when it comes to QPR. Just asking for trouble.

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem if he was picked. Almost every name mentioned (except Tim Sherwood!) would make me happy. He was a decent player who has done ok so far.

Comment

Clicked on the link, saw who it was and clicked straight off again..... would be an absolutely abysmal appointment!!!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

#blacklivesmatter

Comment

There should be absolutely no need whatsoever to even bring the words "colour" and "rooney rule" into it. Just goes to show the people using them as an issue must be a touch racist. If any black people were good enough they would be interviewed regardless of colour. i.e Houghton at Norwich and Brighton. No mention in the press or by anyone when he was being interviewed and employed. Seems to me they are making an issue out of nothing and for the sake of it and trying to create controversy. And to be honest i don't remember seeing any of it in british football before Les came back here with Chris Ramsey.
                              Last edited by qprjeff1882; 08-11-2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X