No announcement yet.

Just in from Standard journalist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The comments about TS don't fill me with to much confidence. I get the impression Les wants him as the manager to be honest.

Comment

This by Dave Mc says Sherwood out of the running, Holloway interviewed, Clement is board's favourite..

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...y-managers-job

Comment

Personally i hope it's Paul Clement. Would not keep being employed by Ancelotti if he wasn't any good. Although we know that means nothing to say he ill turn out a success as a manager but clearly has something about him. Worked at a host of European elite clubs and must have learned a lot during the last 8/10 years from various people. For me this puts him well ahead of Tim Sherwood.

Comment

I just think if Clement was the dream manager then why are we messing around. Just get it done.

I'm not against the Holloway appointment as well to be honest. I think he's older and experienced would be a good motivator and would bring back the feel good factor to the club.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
            The comments about TS don't fill me with to much confidence. I get the impression Les wants him as the manager to be honest.
            Yeah that's what it looks like. Bloody hope the surge of support for Clement and the perception that it's jobs for the boys - which has clearly got to Ferdinand - is enough to make him think twice.

Comment

Ive got one better ... instead of just clement why not ancelotti as well?!?! Screw the champions league, thats only what ... 13 games??? Championship is 46 plus loftus road does have something really good in it like ... ummm ... the blue and white bar yeah, allianz arena hasnt got a blue and white bar

Comment

I just think if Clement was the dream manager then why are we messing around. Just get it done.

I'm not against the Holloway appointment as well to be honest. I think he's older and experienced would be a good motivator and would bring back the feel good factor to the club.
                Hardly a "dream manager" but better than Holloway or some others mentioned by a mile

Comment

The way I read this pretty much means Paul Clement is a clear favourite. Honestly, there seem to be too many if`s and but`s connected to a Tim Sherwood appointment.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

I also think either TF or Rueben or both will have a say in who is taken on. I mean can you imagine Les interviewing Tim.
                    Les...... "So Tim, alright me old mucker. So why do you think you will be a good fit at QPR".
                    Tim...... "Cos I'm god and I'm also chocolate. Here Les, taste me. Don't i taste good".
                    Les...... "MMMMMMMMM, Ok Tim you got the job. Oh by the way, I love you".

I could understand Tim getting the job if is the best candidate but I'm not sure he is.
                    Last edited by qprjeff1882; 08-11-2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I'm half and half on Holloway. Think he'd be well up for it, would motivate players and re-connect the fans but he struggled at Millwall and I'd hate to see him struggle with us.

Comment

Reading between lines:

“Tim is my best mate and I speak to him all of the time, but about the job yet? No, although I could still do so in the future."

Highly odd not to do so if he was a potential candidate and that they want someone in quickly. This is suggesting that those allegedly interviewed are the short list and Sherwood is not on it. In the event of no candidate being a good fit or that terms can't be agreed, then Sherwood might get a call.
                        Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          Ive got one better ... instead of just clement why not ancelotti as well?!?! Screw the champions league, thats only what ... 13 games??? Championship is 46 plus loftus road does have something really good in it like ... ummm ... the blue and white bar yeah, allianz arena hasnt got a blue and white bar
                          Much as I'd love that, Ancelotti's wages would make that impossible.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Could it mean he was wrong about TS and the good news is it won't be him?

lets hope so?

Comment

There is absolutely no longevity in Holloway - Hearts ruling heads on that one IMO.

Comment

Sean Gallagher ⚽️ ��
                                ‏@seangallagher9
                                Understand QPR have spoken to Chris Powell about the vacant manager's job at Loftus Road #QPR

Comment

Working...
                                X