Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just in from Standard journalist

"Simon Johnson ‏@sjstandardsport 6m6 minutes ago
    Potential good news for #Qpr fans...looks like I jumped the gun re. appointment of Tim Sherwood. Interview with Les Ferdinand to come"

Fvcking journos.

Comment

Just saw that mate. Hopefully some good news on the horizon and seems like TS inst 100% nailed on!

I presume this is an exclusive interview with the standard?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        Just saw that mate. Hopefully some good news on the horizon and seems like TS inst 100% nailed on!

I'm guessing so yes Maids

Comment

I think i'm just dumb, does this mean sherwood is having an interview or someone else???

I'd #### myself is TF appointed paul hart just to teach us a lesson and troll us

Comment

Could it mean he was wrong about TS and the good news is it won't be him?

Comment

No they ran an article yesterday saying he had the job, now he is suggesting he only has an interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                No they ran an article yesterday saying he had the job, now he is suggesting he only has an interview.
                Proper sh*t paper when it comes to us

Comment

Clearly doing what they did before and interviewing a few.

Candidate has to fit in with new set-up and club ethics etc.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Depending on what way you read. Think it means sherwood to be interviewed by Leslie.

Comment

I'm betting it will be LF saying Sherwood being his mate doesn't guarantee the job

Comment

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3390071.html

You are right

Comment

Evening Standard interview with Les today says 6 have been interviewed already and sherwood is not one of them

Also says decision will not be Les s it will be by the whole board.

Also says Tim maybe interviewed in the future ..

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            Could it mean he was wrong about TS and the good news is it won't be him?
                            That's what I thought.

Comment

PR director of football Les Ferdinand today insisted Tim Sherwood will only become their new manager if he is the right man for the job and not because they are friends.

Standard Sport understands Rangers have interviewed six candidates since sacking Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink on Saturday.

They hope to make an appointment in the next 48 hours and it was believed Sherwood was the favourite.

The news has dismayed some fans, who have questioned whether Sherwood is in the running due to his friendship with his former Tottenham team-mate.

However, Ferdinand, who also worked with Sherwood in a coaching capacity at White Hart Lane, told Standard Sport: “Tim is my best mate and I speak to him all of the time, but about the job yet? No, although I could still do so in the future.

“I’d be stupid to discount Tim out of it. He is a good manager and if he is the right man for the club, then he is. But people are assuming that without knowing the facts. We are going through a process and we have been sent a lot of CVs and spoken to a few people. In terms of what we are trying to do it seems a good fit. But I’m not here to do Tim a favour and Tim won’t come into QPR to do me a favour either. It would only be if he felt the club were right and vice versa.

“I don’t choose who the next manager will be. It is a club decision between all of us. Myself and chief executive Lee Hoos then interview the candidates.”

One reason Sherwood, who was sacked by Aston Villa last year, may not get the post is because the club are unlikely to be able to afford his wage demands. There are also doubts whether he would drop into the Championship, having only managed in the Premier League.

Former Derby boss Paul Clement is one of the two front runners and Ferdinand is aware of how important this decision is after Hasselbaink’s 11-month reign.

He added: “We want to get someone in place as quickly as possible, whether that is tomorrow or by the end of the week.

“We’ve had a huge turnover in the squad. More than 13 players have left since I arrived and only three have given us any return on our investment — Charlie Austin, Leroy Fer and Matt Phillips.

“We are trying to bring in a manager who can get the best out of these players and help them become assets.”

Comment

Working...
                              X