new manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new manager

after speaking to a good few people about a new manage we all decided on holloway with rowlands and cookie as his assistants all rangers through and through.

Holloway it is then,as a good few people cannot be wrong :o)

Comment

try giving a usefull option instead of trying to take the ####

Comment

I'm sure they are good people but they know nothing about this Club if they think Holloway is the best man for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          I'm sure they are good people but they know nothing about this Club if they think Holloway is the best man for the job.
          Ditto

Comment

I don't want coaches or assistants in place just because they played for the club, get the best people in who can do the best job.

A lot of the better managers mentioned like Warburton, Alladyce, Rowett we have no chance getting as the ones in jobs are at far bigger clubs in better positions than us and we are probably too small for big Sam. Realistically we are looking low end championship manager or division below, I don't think what we would pay is as much of an issue as the fact we are not very good or an exciting prospect.

We are likely to get someone who has failed other places and out of work or another JFH who has done well in the lower leagues.

As long as it isn't Cotterill I don't mind who it is really.

Comment

It's the romantic dream isn't it , all the old great players return as successful coaches/ managers, Clint Hill will be the next one sadly when it don't work out there hero worship is soon forgotten

Comment

How much difference does a manager make given the talent you have available? Anyone can manage Barcelona.

Ball! Goal! Win!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  How much difference does a manager make given the talent you have available? Anyone can manage Barcelona.

Ball! Goal! Win!
                  Very true , do we actually need a manager? Think we're get better results letting the captain sort the team.
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by ickenham boy View Post
                    try giving a usefull option instead of trying to take the ####
                    It was quite funny though.

Comment

#### me Van that would mean Onuhua in charge.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        #### me Van that would mean Onuhua in charge.
                        Chief!!! Be better than Jimmy mate
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Both silent assasins

Comment

Originally posted by ickenham boy View Post
                            after speaking to a good few people about a new manage we all decided on holloway with rowlands and cookie as his assistants all rangers through and through.
                            sentiment is a really dangerous thing when making managerial appointments. The only realistic candidate with Rs blood is Paul Clement, and even then you need to forget the history when making the call.

Comment

I was on the dog and bone to my best mate last nite.
                              We've been going since 79/80 to the R's/
                              My good pal bought up an interesting point about how many managers have consistently
                              had LR rocking with a good atmosphere with the fans.
                              In our time since 79 we came up with Venables, Gerry Francis, Holloway and Warnock.
                              These have been our best managers we believe, they are allstill alive, so obviously out of that lot
                              it can only really be Holloway.

Comment

Working...
                              X