A Manager demands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Manager demands

Everyone is mentioning names. Sherwood, Pearson, Clement etc etc. But they will demand wages that the club currently cannot afford. We all know that during the last two seasons, the club done its best to get rid of the high earners, so basically, they will not return to the old dangerous strategy. I think the new Manager will be a bit low profile, to keep things in perspective.

What can we afford, out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      What can we afford, out of interest?
      Me, Salford FC's manager or Chris Ramsey.

Comment

Tim Sherwood and Clement will both be expensive. I think the club will keep the demands into the equation. I don't know how much JFH was on, however, I assume he was on cheap wages.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          Tim Sherwood and Clement will both be expensive. I think the club will keep the demands into the equation. I don't know how much JFH was on, however, I assume he was on cheap wages.
          Well, if you pay peanuts ...

Comment

I would rather we broke the bank on the right manager and saved money on new players.

Comment

Its true, however gambles do pay off occasionally.

Comment

The club can pay the money if they want to! I think we will spend a fair whack on the new manager and also back them January. Reckon TF might be getting fed up of the new steady approach!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                  The club can pay the money if they want to! I think we will spend a fair whack on the new manager and also back them January. Reckon TF might be getting fed up of the new steady approach!!
                  Hope you're right. There has to be a middle ground. You can't go from paying players £100k to £5-£10k a week and expect to return to the prem. Cut costs yes, but not to the point you lose half your fan base, annoy sponsors and flirt with relegation!

Comment

Lee and his partner Prudence run this club now.

Comment

You only get out what you put in we need to get rid of the dof and other non productive posts such as Andy Sintons and go the extra yard to bring in a manager above the position of being a novice , if you don't agree try to give a honest answer can you see promotion with the players we've got in the near to medium future and give a foreseeing answer what happens when the parachute payment runs out ?

Comment

Criteria is no doubt a long the lines of:

- Must be willing to work with the squad they inherit
                        - In the same vain as above, must also be capable and willing to blood youth into the team
                        - Must have a distinctive style of play/ formation
                        - Cant be set in their own ways/stubborn. Club obviously trying to implement a certain new philosophy at the club and manager must be willing to go ahead with the master plan. This is why I think we can immediately rule out Pearson/ Big Sam or if he was still available- Warnock.
                        - Must be able to get squad right up for local derby's.
                        - Must be able to unite fans and squad having recently become dethatched/ segregated which has lead to a poor atmosphere at HQ.
                        -Somebody with a bit of gravitas/charisma the fans and team can buy into and get behind.

Probably more I'm missing but id imagine that's along the lines of what the club see as being their criteria.

Comment

Working...
                        X