I'm very confused by this whole manager thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very confused by this whole manager thing

Just for the record: I said months back and there are pages upon pages in a thread dating back to early this year when I gave my reasons that JFH was not the right man for the job at QPR. Many mocked me at the time, but here we are in November and he has been sacked.

So we can all agree now he wasn't right. Dire football, odd bloke, odd tactics, role pegs in square holes, generally poor results etc etc....

However, I haven't come on here to rub peoples faces in it as we all want what's best for our team. My point is we sit 6 points off both the playoffs and the relegation zone. When we hired JFH and drastically changed the way we went to market for players TF and the board stated it was a long term plan and that it would take time for the new man and the new ways to take shape, and ultimately get us competing for promotion.

I now find myself asking why he has been sacked? It's important to really think about this for the next man in the seat.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Rich View Post
    Just for the record: I said months back and there are pages upon pages in a thread dating back to early this year when I gave my reasons that JFH was not the right man for the job at QPR. Many mocked me at the time, but here we are in November and he has been sacked.

So we can all agree now he wasn't right. Dire football, odd bloke, odd tactics, role pegs in square holes, generally poor results etc etc....

However, I haven't come on here to rub peoples faces in it as we all want what's best for our team. My point is we sit 6 points off both the playoffs and the relegation zone. When we hired JFH and drastically changed the way we went to market for players TF and the board stated it was a long term plan and that it would take time for the new man and the new ways to take shape, and ultimately get us competing for promotion.

I now find myself asking why he has been sacked? It's important to really think about this for the next man in the seat.

Thoughts?
    I would have thought he's been sacked because he's underachieving with a reasonable squad at his disposal whilst playing some of the most brain numbing football known to man. We've also shown absolutely no signs of learning or improving it's just like ####ing ground hog day. Just a hunch
    Last edited by Greg1882; 07-11-2016, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
      I would have thought he's been sacked because he's underachieving with a reasonable squad at his disposal whilst playing some of the most brain numbing football known to man. Just a hunch
      Please re-read the bit about the board and what they said when they hired him and after a few months in charge.

I was among the first to say he should go and yes the football has been dire but quality of football and promotion wasn't the boards target when hiring JFH and changing the spending strategy

Comment

I think you answered the question in your post Rich, dire football, odd bloke, odd tactics etc. For me personally, I just couldn't see JFH making us any better as a tactical unit and I think we'd have been eternally stuck in mid/lower table.
        He had plenty of opportunity to show a glimmer of something, anything but it just never really happened.
        2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Please re-read the bit about the board and what they said when they hired him and after a few months in charge.

I was among the first to say he should go and yes the football has been dire but quality of football and promotion wasn't the boards target when hiring JFH and changing the spending strategy

Yep sorry mate see that read it in a rush ����

Comment

All about the fans IMO. As soon as he lost the fans, with performances and tonkings at home, he was a dead man walking.

Comment

So we can all agree now he wasn't right. Dire football, odd bloke, odd tactics, round pegs in square holes, generally poor results etc etc....

Thoughts?
              Says it all
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Thoughts?
                i'm not sure the board really know.

i was away for the brentford game and when i heard the score (and picked up on the general mood), decided it was probably better not to find much about the match. i've read since that at least one journalist (for sky?) claim that jfh was sacked immediately afterwards because the performance was so bad, only for the board to change its mind and give him one last must-win match at forest. if true, it seems a weird way to make decisions - jfh surely understands that he's on borrowed time, the board know that they're only delaying things, the team get unsettled, there don't seem to be many positives.

that said, i'm not sure how many of the names in circulation are going to improve things when working within the (necessary imo) current constraints. it's difficult to believe that we won't be looking for another new manager this time next year again.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
                  i'm not sure the board really know.

i was away for the brentford game and when i heard the score (and picked up on the general mood), decided it was probably better not to find much about the match. i've read since that at least one journalist (for sky?) claim that jfh was sacked immediately afterwards because the performance was so bad, only for the board to change its mind and give him one last must-win match at forest. if true, it seems a weird way to make decisions - jfh surely understands that he's on borrowed time, the board know that they're only delaying things, the team get unsettled, there don't seem to be many positives.

that said, i'm not sure how many of the names in circulation are going to improve things when working within the (necessary imo) current constraints. it's difficult to believe that we won't be looking for another new manager this time next year again.
                  That's my worry and my point really. The board say one thing but don't stick to any plans that they make. Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing and he wasn't the right man and I'm not even going to blame the board because they would have hired him thinking it should work. My problem is looking ahead to the new man and whether they will go down the same road again. TF, Hoos, Les, someone has to come forward and justify the new appointment and explain their vision and plans going forward - clearly. Then we as fans need to get on board.

Comment

In all fairness the fact that the attendances were going down under his management must of worried the board as well!

Comment

No I don't think that's right this weekend is the time to sack the manager with the international break , do the players make a good squad ? Or are they just a group of players I don't see any outstanding performances to sugest we have brought in any great shakes , Sky reported JFH wasn't pleased with the signings and was pleased when it was official he'd lost his job ,but God it was dire football whether the players were any good or not

Comment

That's my worry and my point really. The board say one thing but don't stick to any plans that they make. Yes hindsight is a wonderful thing and he wasn't the right man and I'm not even going to blame the board because they would have hired him thinking it should work. My problem is looking ahead to the new man and whether they will go down the same road again. TF, Hoos, Les, someone has to come forward and justify the new appointment and explain their vision and plans going forward - clearly. Then we as fans need to get on board.
                        Well if you believe that Clement was interested in joining us but wanted to wait untill his contract had run-out in Spain then it was the boards fault for not waiting and should have over ruled Ferdinand when he wanted and got Ramsey on a 3 year deal

Comment

Working...
                        X