Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Clement now following Tony on Twitter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it was only ever going to be a bargain basement appointment - so Clement and Rowett were pipe dreams. And probably Sherwood too, given his wage demands.

So really, it was only ever going to be someone of Olly's ilk - Robinson, Freedman, all the other lesser options... which is disappointing, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Looks like it was only ever going to be a bargain basement appointment - so Clement and Rowett were pipe dreams. And probably Sherwood too, given his wage demands.

So really, it was only ever going to be someone of Olly's ilk - Robinson, Freedman, all the other lesser options... which is disappointing, wouldn't you say?
      Not really, it's where we're at.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Not really, it's where we're at.
        It's where they chosen for us to be at. We have billionaire owners. We don't have to be shopping at Primark.

Comment

Think Sherwood was blown out cos of the Les connection and the flak they would of got mate.
          If Swindon can afford him we certainly can, even with us being frugle as fark.
          The other two were out of our price range i reckon though.

Comment

It's where they chosen for us to be at. We have billionaire owners. We don't have to be shopping at Primark.
            FFP no? A new direction and FFP means we are where we are. We have to be sustainable and be a club in the black - We can't go beyond our means constantly.

I think your post shows there are still some fans struggling to accept the new direction we are going in, and how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              FFP no? A new direction and FFP means we are where we are. We have to be sustainable and be a club in the black - We can't go beyond our means constantly.

I think your post shows there are still some fans struggling to accept the new direction we are going in, and how it is.
              I'm not struggling to comprehend the back to basics approach, I'm suggesting it's not a strait-jacket. And what actually happened with FFP? Looks like the FL backed off big time. Last I heard it was £10M. but we were going to mire them in the courts over it. So I don't buy the argument that we have to have austerity. Prudence - yes, I'm all for that, given the ludicrous spending in recent years - but it's also prudent to appoint a manager who can - no guarantees of course - give you the best chance of long-term success. And I don't think you're likely to achieve that with bargain basement managers. Not impossible of course, but unlikely.

Comment

So I don't buy the argument that we have to have austerity. Prudence - yes, I'm all for that, given the ludicrous spending in recent years - but it's also prudent to appoint a manager who can - no guarantees of course - give you the best chance of long-term success. And I don't think you're likely to achieve that with bargain basement managers.
                Spot on.

Comment

Owner fallen out of love with QPR the club or just no more money to be invested,

Comment

Working...
                  X