New manager...how long does he get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New manager...how long does he get?

How long does he get from us until the "(insert-name) OUT" posts start?
    Let's face it, whoever it is is now in the same situation Jimmy was in when he came in. For me, and this was the same for Jimmy, a January transfer window is not enough to show what a manager can really do. From now til the end of the season the only aims are to stay in the division and improve performances. If we can climb the table and sneak the playoffs, great, that's a bonus. But it's likely to be a pretty bumpy ride whoever is brought in.
    Whoever it is needs a full summer transfer window and pre season to start building his own squad. So I'm reserving judgment on him until this time next season...UNLESS whoever it is takes us down.
    Thoughts?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

I give an 18 month rolling contract again, but I personally believe it all depends on how much we improve in 12 months again.

It shouldn't take that long to see vast improvements in the performances if we're going to improve under the new manager.

Comment

I don't think playoffs was a realistic target for JFH and not for the new man either. Watching Matt Philips interview last night on MOTD, he, manager and pundits agreed his confidence needs rebuilding, nothing to do with us was it?

Comment

Depends who it is mate. If it's someone like Karl Robinson the fans will be waiting for him to trip up as he's not a favoured choice to start with. If on the other hand it's clement let's say I suspect there will be more patience. In my opinion whoever gets the gig needs to be re assessed in the summer as personally I think we've got a reasonably talented squad. I'd be looking for a top half finish and vastly improved performances. There really is no excuse. I don't think that's a lot to ask

Comment

3 games, if we're not top after that then he has to go

Comment

Two transfer windows and a preseason.

If no improvement after 12 games next season, gut him
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
              3 games, if we're not top after that then he has to go

But really, it depends on the football. If it's good, indefinitely, if it's bad, he needs to show good reasons as to why. If those reasons aren't good enough, #OUT

Comment

I will.still give a year, truthfully though I know we will see a few 'is he the right man?' immediately if it is a choice people disagree with and then a few more will latch on if we happen to lose a couple of games. It always happens, look at this forum and all the people who make a comeback the moment we are doing badly. People seem to almost desire being miserable about us and they don't know what to do otherwise.

Comment

I don't think it is a time thing, It is about development. I think we would need to see improvements and signs that in the long term we can move forward. I was at the Milton Keynes game when we got beat and after spoke to Jimmy saying it will take time. However I felt this season even with some investiment in playing staff that we had not moved forward at all. Actually when Jimmy first joint I thought he was going to create a solid back four and slowly build a creative team going forward. Actually I feel we got worse defensively and we lost shape.
                  I also think Jimmy lost alot of support over the Telegraph article.

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post

But really, it depends on the football. If it's good, indefinitely, if it's bad, he needs to show good reasons as to why. If those reasons aren't good enough, #OUT
                    This. I never liked Jimmy from the get go, was a critic, but never called for his sacking until this September.

Comment

Style of play and results always determine how long they get. JFH failed on both so had to go.

Comment

People are people.
                        Some will not like the manager whoever it may be, from the very start and will want him out after one defeat.
                        Thats just how life is.
                        People come on message boards to while away time as they are bored or because they like to have a rant and its all anonymous.
                        So to be honest, first defeat for one or two and a couple of defeats for others.

Comment

We'd all want a long term manager but we also want decent football and passion from all. Give the new man at least until Christmas next year to improve the style and results, don't expect much from the rest of the season as the damage has been done.
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                            Depends who it is mate. If it's someone like Karl Robinson the fans will be waiting for him to trip up as he's not a favoured choice to start with. If on the other hand it's clement let's say I suspect there will be more patience. In my opinion whoever gets the gig needs to be re assessed in the summer as personally I think we've got a reasonably talented squad. I'd be looking for a top half finish and vastly improved performances. There really is no excuse. I don't think that's a lot to ask
                            Too right if he's thought to be a ### man not very long , but if it's young Clements he might get possibly a couple of years

Comment

Rest of the season at the very minimum.

Hope we get them in soon so they can have a feel for the team and have a good crack at the transfer window.
                              Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Working...
                              X