Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New manager referendum binding not advisory ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But he won't be working with the highest level players he will have el kayati, polter and Henry etc to work with

There is a little bit in me that can get excited if he got the job but he's far from the messiah that some seem to think he could be. It will be tough and rocky so will the fans give him the time??

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Wanted him when Redknapp went.
      Thin you'll find quite a few of offered that helpful advice at the time right here. My understanding is that he was approached but preferred to stay in situ. I remember pointing out to Naz what a decent job he was doing at Darby and that they would be there or there abouts but at the time JFH was still the messiah and any comments favouring his contemporaries / rivals was regarded as heresy.

Comment

• Clement will have so much good experience coaching the likes of Ronaldo & Ibra. Those 2 guys wouldn't let any mug coach them, so he must have something about him. I remember reading a interview with Zlatan about how good of a coach he is.

Having said that any manager is only as good as the players available and we do not have Ibra or Ronaldo. You can coach a system, tell them their roles, etc but it is down to the players to carry out the job properly and avoid individual mistakes.

Out of the list of names being thrown about I would want him as my first choice, but he will need time as imo our squad isn't good enough to compete at the top end.
        @chrisrobson9

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          But he won't be working with the highest level players he will have el kayati, polter and Henry etc to work with

There is a little bit in me that can get excited if he got the job but he's far from the messiah that some seem to think he could be. It will be tough and rocky so will the fans give him the time??
          You have a good point.

But Clement can point to a long list of great players who he has helped and show it to our pretty decent squad.

Jimmy went from managing players who played at a much lower level than those he inherited here.

Really hope it's him. The majority of fans would welcome it and therefore he'll get more support and patience. All we ask is that he plays players in their correct positions, gets them playing in a more organised way, a more settled team and at least some signs of improvement.

Rome wasn't built in a day, obviously. But if JFH had been around, it wouldn't have been built at all.

Comment

• I just hope whoever we get in brings a fcking decent defensive coach with him.

Comment

• Dav Mc. Just said discussions at the mo - Sherwood out the running at the mo cause of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                #letskeepthedrossballrollingforatleastanotheryear
                If you read the other reports, he got results and that's all that matters at the end of the day.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Dav Mc. Just said discussions at the mo - Sherwood out the running at the mo cause of money.
                  Good. If we are going to spend top dollar it has to be on someone like Allardyce IMO.

Comment

Dav Mc. Just said discussions at the mo - Sherwood out the running at the mo cause of money.
                    Or is that TF's way of ensuring he gets his man this time, telling Les we can't afford Sherwood then going out and getting Clement. Would be happy with either but would MUCH prefer Clement, it is his destiny :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Good. If we are going to spend top dollar it has to be on someone like Allardyce IMO.
                      Spot on!
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        Or is that TF's way of ensuring he gets his man this time, telling Les we can't afford Sherwood then going out and getting Clement. Would be happy with either but would MUCH prefer Clement, it is his destiny :-)
                        This!

Comment

• Allardyce is needed to build this club up from top to bottom and has the know how and experience to do it.

Comment

• Haven't got the budget for Allardyce anymore.

Comment

• Paul Clement come on down. Done deal in my book!
                              oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Dav Mc.
                                reliable source? party to negotiations?

edit: he's admitted its all guesswork. Journos have space to fill, and all the fantasists come crawling out of the woodwork when speculation is rife.
                                Last edited by hal9thou; 07-11-2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X