Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New manager referendum binding not advisory ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would prefer Clement to Sherwood any day just not sure but Tim no thanks another mate of a mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      More of the same based on that why did everyone want him last time and same amount want him now that's genuine question

If it's him I would back him 110% but my gut says we will be doing this again as that write up from derby perspective suggests he's everything we have spent last 12months complaining about and demanding we got shot off. I would go TS before Clement personally

What is clear is that there is not big pool of managers to choose from we're really at the scrapping the barrel point

Comment

• AVB - my first choice bar none - has ended up going to Asia for big bucks. He had been available for a while, it would be nice to think we at least approached him when it became clear (a long time ago) that JFH wasn't right..

Silva and Flores, the other two I was keen on, aren't even in the poll. OP obviously new how limited our ambitions are these days and therefore including them would have been pointless.

Comment

• Some thoughts of Derby fans on onefootballforum:

I didn't mind him, it was far from attacking football though. Just very solid, organised and lethal on the counter.

We didn't win in the first 5 games under him but we were pretty good, we absolutely battered a couple of teams but just couldn't get the win. Then we went on x2 long unbeaten runs and ended up top of the league by Xmas. The run after that was pretty poor, 6 or 7 without a win and looked a complete shadow of ourselves. He was asked to stick to the philosophy agreed with the chairman as part of his contract but didn't. That coupled with the run of bad form was enough for our chairman to part ways with him.
          Our chairman has had quite a bit to say about him tbh, not all great but PC has never defended himself. His brother is rather vocal on Twitter mind.
          I think it would be a decent appointment for anyone at this level.

And

I liked Clement.

His first job as a number one and he got us to top of league.

It wasn't the free flowing attractive football we saw unde McClaren, rather a more sensible, patient and pragmatic approach. I think long term we'd have been a success under him but he didn't seem to have an answer when our form took a dip.

There are major rumours that he was sacked for off the field, personal reasons. The silence from both him and the club has backed this up somewhat.

They pointed out that he is on 1 million a year at Bayern. We would not get close to matching that

Comment

• Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
            Some thoughts of Derby fans on onefootballforum:

I didn't mind him, it was far from attacking football though. Just very solid, organised and lethal on the counter.

We didn't win in the first 5 games under him but we were pretty good, we absolutely battered a couple of teams but just couldn't get the win. Then we went on x2 long unbeaten runs and ended up top of the league by Xmas. The run after that was pretty poor, 6 or 7 without a win and looked a complete shadow of ourselves. He was asked to stick to the philosophy agreed with the chairman as part of his contract but didn't. That coupled with the run of bad form was enough for our chairman to part ways with him.
            Our chairman has had quite a bit to say about him tbh, not all great but PC has never defended himself. His brother is rather vocal on Twitter mind.
            I think it would be a decent appointment for anyone at this level.

And

I liked Clement.

His first job as a number one and he got us to top of league.

It wasn't the free flowing attractive football we saw unde McClaren, rather a more sensible, patient and pragmatic approach. I think long term we'd have been a success under him but he didn't seem to have an answer when our form took a dip.

There are major rumours that he was sacked for off the field, personal reasons. The silence from both him and the club has backed this up somewhat.

They pointed out that he is on 1 million a year at Bayern. We would not get close to matching that
            I disagree. twenty bags a week for the manager should be achievable.

Comment

• Other poll was so so so so much better cos it was public and we could look back who voted who that whenever whoever gets the job and all the 'JoeBloggs Out!' Shouts start.

Comment

Other poll was so so so so much better cos it was public and we could look back who voted who that whenever whoever gets the job and all the 'JoeBloggs Out!' Shouts start.
                no problem with that - I voted other on this poll.

Comment

• For the record, I went Clement. Second choice would be Tim

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    I disagree. twenty bags a week for the manager should be achievable.
                    I doubt we're paying 20 grand a week for managers these days. I've read that the average in the Championship is less than half of that and these days (£324,250 if you believe the Daily Mail). With Lee Hoos in place and the club operating on realistic Championship money, I bet we're paying 10 bags a week tops!

Comment

• Pearson for me.
                      I want someone horrible in that i can hate for once. (But in a good way)

Other than that Fat Sam or Clement and i would be more than happy.

Comment

• Warburton, Clement or Rowett and I'll be happy. Pearson would end up strangling Les within a couple of months probably he's a nut job. Derby fans saying Clement wasn't playing attacking football but maybe because it was his first job he was cautious. Hopefully he's learnt a lot from his stint at Derby.

Comment

#letskeepthedrossballrollingforatleastanotheryear
                          https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

• Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                            #letskeepthedrossballrollingforatleastanotheryear
                            Hahaha love the hash tag mate.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

JFH MkII according to a "jaded 22 year old." I did my best to be supportive of JFH, but he's not in Clement's league. Clement is clearly a very smart man, who, in managerial terms, has worked with the very best at the highest level. We can speculate all we want about his time at Derby, but fact is, they were fifth when he left and they finished fifth. And their management team with old Harold on board failed to steer them through the play-offs.

There were also good things about the idea, at least, of appointing JFH - a young, up and coming manager for the long-term, to rebuild, take us up, and stay there. Clement fits this mould, but in a different class. In my opinion of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                                JFH MkII according to a "jaded 22 year old." I did my best to be supportive of JFH, but he's not in Clement's league. Clement is clearly a very smart man, who, in managerial terms, has worked with the very best at the highest level. We can speculate all we want about his time at Derby, but fact is, they were fifth when he left and they finished fifth. And their management team with old Harold on board failed to steer them through the play-offs.

There were also good things about the idea, at least, of appointing JFH - a young, up and coming manager for the long-term, to rebuild, take us up, and stay there. Clement fits this mould, but in a different class. In my opinion of course.
                                Agree Hubble. Wanted him when Redknapp went. Hopefully we won't make the same mistake again.

Assuming of course, that he wants to be here. It's not compulsory.

Comment

Working...
                                X