Fans to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans to blame?

Lots of stuff written on boards and internet saying that this is typical rangers, fans and chairman are to blame, we've learned nothing etc....
    What a load of crap. JFH had 1 promotion from league 2 to league 1. He then managed 4 months in league 1. He's then given a recently relegated premiership team, with a change in philosophy (build from bottom, don't overspend), but still spends a fair amount on players for the championship.

So how has he done? In 47 games he has won 14 games. Now if he had experience of managing a club at our level and/or even building a club up from the bottom, then maybe we could give him longer. But he hasn't. People who bang on about consistency and stability are doing it through blind hope that it works out and because years ago we got rid of a load of managers under Flavio. We've been promoted and relegated regularly in last few years and that normally leads to managerial changes. Do people think les and Tony make judgements on people posting stuff on the internet? JFH was sacked because job was too big for him, style was rubbish, results were poor and to cap it off he came across as little bit dodgy in the telegraph. We can't just stick with someone because of the issues and mistakes of the past! It's too bloody risky. Last 10 games, were 20th in form table. That's borderline relegation form.

now with the right apppointment, i.e. Someone with some experience at our level and preferably with someone who will build club up from bottom. Give that person a 3 year deal, if he fails, he fails but at least we'll be doing it with someone who has some experience of being successful at championship (or higher level) and isn't just getting a job in the game because he was a good player.

Of course people moaned on twitter, message boards.....but what proportion of our fan base did that? We constantly knock our fans but people are entitled to their opinion and these people did not drive out JFH or make the board or Les mAke the decision. Facts are clear. We made a mistake hiring him and we needed to act. You judge each manager on each case not keep him because of the mistakes of the past.

Let's make the right appointment even if it's an expensive one. I'd rather we spend a lot on a new manager and not sign any players. Do that and let's move on. Come on u Rs!!

Fans at every club would be moaning if they'd had a year of what we've had to put up with.

Only one person to blame. And he's been blamed.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      Fans at every club would be moaning if they'd had a year of what we've had to put up with.

Exactly.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I think even he knows he was underachieving at QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          Lots of stuff written on boards and internet saying that this is typical rangers, fans and chairman are to blame, we've learned nothing etc....
          What a load of crap. JFH had 1 promotion from league 2 to league 1. He then managed 4 months in league 1. He's then given a recently relegated premiership team, with a change in philosophy (build from bottom, don't overspend), but still spends a fair amount on players for the championship.

So how has he done? In 47 games he has won 14 games. Now if he had experience of managing a club at our level and/or even building a club up from the bottom, then maybe we could give him longer. But he hasn't. People who bang on about consistency and stability are doing it through blind hope that it works out and because years ago we got rid of a load of managers under Flavio. We've been promoted and relegated regularly in last few years and that normally leads to managerial changes. Do people think les and Tony make judgements on people posting stuff on the internet? JFH was sacked because job was too big for him, style was rubbish, results were poor and to cap it off he came across as little bit dodgy in the telegraph. We can't just stick with someone because of the issues and mistakes of the past! It's too bloody risky. Last 10 games, were 20th in form table. That's borderline relegation form.

now with the right apppointment, i.e. Someone with some experience at our level and preferably with someone who will build club up from bottom. Give that person a 3 year deal, if he fails, he fails but at least we'll be doing it with someone who has some experience of being successful at championship (or higher level) and isn't just getting a job in the game because he was a good player.

Of course people moaned on twitter, message boards.....but what proportion of our fan base did that? We constantly knock our fans but people are entitled to their opinion and these people did not drive out JFH or make the board or Les mAke the decision. Facts are clear. We made a mistake hiring him and we needed to act. You judge each manager on each case not keep him because of the mistakes of the past.

Let's make the right appointment even if it's an expensive one. I'd rather we spend a lot on a new manager and not sign any players. Do that and let's move on. Come on u Rs!!
          Jimmy got the job because he took a club with extremely limited resources relative even to their level and made them league winners and set the foundations to succeed at higher level without much spending. Those goals are literally exactly what we tried to do. Limited spending, try to succeed at this level and move up with a squad that didn't have to be overhauled again. It didn't work out so we move on anyway and hopefully with the right man.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Jimmy got the job because he took a club with extremely limited resources relative even to their level and made them league winners and set the foundations to succeed at higher level without much spending. Those goals are literally exactly what we tried to do. Limited spending, try to succeed at this level and move up with a squad that didn't have to be overhauled again. It didn't work out so we move on anyway and hopefully with the right man.
            But he wouldn't have even been considered if he hadn't been a good player. Promotion to league 1? Not exactly an earth shattering achievement

Comment

Jesus nas, soo boring, jfh only did ok there cos the foundations were set in place, you goto laugh at youre loyalty to jimmy!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                But he wouldn't have even been considered if he hadn't been a good player. Promotion to league 1? Not exactly an earth shattering achievement
                Promotion to league 1 with the side and budget he had is impressive. Top 2 of league 1 by the time he left is a very impressive achievement. It should have worked out here, he was making a solid natural progression in English football. Shame it didn't but we move on and hope the next guy has a long term vision and can succeed with us.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Jesus nas, soo boring, jfh only did ok there cos the foundations were set in place, you goto laugh at youre loyalty to jimmy!
                  To be honest, the repeated showing up any time I post anything just to be irksome is what's rather boring. At least the other people here who don't like my opinions don't go out of their way to just post sh1ttalk.

Btw, what's boring is wanting to keep bringing back old managers just for the purpose of nostalgia. Hoddle and Ollie?

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Spot on. How can it be anybody else's fault except his, i certainly never asked him to serve up that crap for the last however long!

Comment

To be honest, the repeated showing up any time I post anything just to be irksome is what's rather boring. At least the other people here who don't like my opinions don't go out of their way to just post sh1ttalk.

Btw, what's boring is wanting to keep bringing back old managers just for the purpose of nostalgia. Hoddle and Ollie?
                      So I cannot have Paul Hart back?

:(
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Fans at every club are the same now , most fans only give managers a few months then a run of bad results call for a change, it's just the way football is now , unfortunately money has ruined the game , it's all a quick fix now every transfer window clubs must spend ,no one is given time to develop players or bring youth through sad really , I'm an old git and prefer football from the past

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          So I cannot have Paul Hart back?

:(
                          He might be too good to consider at this point

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                            Fans at every club are the same now , most fans only give managers a few months then a run of bad results call for a change, it's just the way football is now , unfortunately money has ruined the game , it's all a quick fix now every transfer window clubs must spend ,no one is given time to develop players or bring youth through sad really , I'm an old git and prefer football from the past
                            Tbf I know a lot of the younger fans of the sport (around my age) are all very long term with how they see the sport.

Comment

Tbf I know a lot of the younger fans of the sport (around my age) are all very long term with how they see the sport.
                              Long term as in 6 weeks?

Comment

Working...
                              X