DoF - Elephant in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    No he didn't get rid of the high earners they walked when their contracts expired after squeezing every last penny out of the club and the ones he sold ie C A and M P he sold at a reduced rate after over pricing them a transfer window earlier
    Since Les came in, Matt Phillips, Fer, Austin, McCarthy have all been sold for fees while Caulker and Sandro have been loaned out for periods with fees. Both Phillips and Austin were sold at a profit, Fer was sold for about the same as he came in for and McCarthy went for a profit. We also stopped Green getting a new contract and as a result we managed to get in probably the best keeper at rangers in many many years.

The fact that our oldest signing this season has been 25 bar Lynch says a lot about the direction the club is taking and considering that our first team signings were: Sylla, Borysuik, Cousins, Lynch, Ngbakoto, Bidwell and Wszolek just shows on paper how well we've done with signings since Les has come in.

For me, it's easy to back Les as I think he's done a good job on the footballing side and he comes across very professional.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Can we have a poll about sacking the equipment monitorer?
      Now that's just being silly Mush

Comment

Can we have a poll about sacking the equipment monitorer?
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Silly season isn't it?

Comment

Silly season isn't it?

So far yes. Still only Nov though...hopefully there's still time to save it

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                Since Les came in, Matt Phillips, Fer, Austin, McCarthy have all been sold for fees while Caulker and Sandro have been loaned out for periods with fees. Both Phillips and Austin were sold at a profit, Fer was sold for about the same as he came in for and McCarthy went for a profit. We also stopped Green getting a new contract and as a result we managed to get in probably the best keeper at rangers in many many years.

The fact that our oldest signing this season has been 25 bar Lynch says a lot about the direction the club is taking and considering that our first team signings were: Sylla, Borysuik, Cousins, Lynch, Ngbakoto, Bidwell and Wszolek just shows on paper how well we've done with signings since Les has come in.

For me, it's easy to back Les as I think he's done a good job on the footballing side and he comes across very professional.
                Come on you you say they are good because they are under 24 couldn't that be the problem they are 24 Or under from differing parts of the world coming to the world's toughest 2nd tier division , what we needed was 3 or 4 championship british based players aged about 28/30 to help bed these players in

Comment

Come on you you say they are good because they are under 24 couldn't that be the problem they are 24 Or under from differing parts of the world coming to the world's toughest 2nd tier division , what we needed was 3 or 4 championship british based players aged about 28/30 to help bed these players in
                  Agree Dogs. Kevin Gallen says v similar on the latest R's Podcast.

Comment

We aren't building a championship squad. We're building a squad that can succeed in the championship and if they do, will succeed in the prem. No more unnecessary turnover because we tried to get short term success. If you're getting promoted off the back of players who are made for any level but the top level, you're going to have a hard time staying at the top without another overhaul.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

His legend is tarnished, he had a very tough job to do in fairness and he didn't have enough experience to be hired in the first place, too many big mistakes (manager hires and squad building) loved him as a player but get him out now!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Get rid now. Send the prick back to Spurs.

Comment

We aren't building a championship squad. We're building a squad that can succeed in the championship and if they do, will succeed in the prem. No more unnecessary turnover because we tried to get short term success. If you're getting promoted off the back of players who are made for any level but the top level, you're going to have a hard time staying at the top without another overhaul.
                          Sorry just tosh you had 2 IFs , and you know what they say if your aunt had ++++S she'd be your uncle

Comment

Sorry just tosh you had 2 IFs , and you know what they say if your aunt had ++++S she'd be your uncle
                            If you're building a Championship squad, you're not leaving the championship for very long.

Comment

Les is doing a good job. The choice of appointing a manager is not that easy. A look at Man. Utd will give a clear picture. They appointed one of the best managers in the world, however they are struggling are they are? And they spent millions to bring the best players to their club. There's no magic wound in football. All of a sudden things can fit into place. The important things are to make good decisions in a sensible way and with an aim. We started to get sensible by signing players that fit our size. Maybe JFH did have a lot more to learn before he could join a Championship club. However, I do believe that Les is doing a good job and it will only be a big pity if we revert back to the likes of HR who did not actually fit the way QPR should be run.

Comment

If you're building a Championship squad, you're not leaving the championship for very long.
                                We was never building a promotion squad this season so what's your rush ? More haste less speed build in haste repent at leasure and that's what's happened to our season full of dross under the guise we're building for the future so just put up with untill the sun shines

Comment

Working...
                                X