No announcement yet.

DoF - Elephant in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you look at the squad we have, we should be doing a lot better. In fact, man for man - all very decent signings. I don't think you can blame Les for poor tactics, players being played out of position and poor man management/motivational skills. To be fair he/the board have acted swiftly. The only issue with this structure is the calibre of manager we will attract in that the better managers won't want the interference of a DOF, for example you couldn't see Allardyce or Pearson working in this structure....

Comment

I don't think hiring JFH was a mistake. It was worth taking a risk IMO. I would like us to appoint a promising young manager rather than an 60 year old experienced one. And I hope this strategy applies to our transfer policy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
        Yes but he doesn't have the final say , a club is run by its board
        Because these guys were employed on his recommendations. As he's meant to be "the football know how man at the club" he needs to be got rid of, he's presided over 2 very poor management appointments and could and probably would hinder the chances of getting in a good manager, because most worth their sort won't work under a said called DOF

Comment

WELL

WELL HES THE GRESTEST STRIKER EVER TO PLAY FOR QPR IN OUR HISTORY SO THATS MORE THAN A LEGEND

BUT HES JUST NOT TOUGH ENOUGH HE SHOULD ONLY PICK A MANAGER WHOS GOT A SUCCESSFULL MANAGER IN THIS DIVISION TO THINK THAT HOLLOWAY IS A PERSONAL FRIEND AND YET HE HASNT APPOITED HIM IS RIDICULOUS

HOLLOWAY WOULD SMASH THIS TEAM INTO SHAPE THE PLAYERS WOULD GET THAT WINNING WAY BACK VERY SOON

JIMMY FLOYDE WAS NEVER A MANAGER HES GOT TO SPEND ANOTHER FOUR YEARS IN THE LOWER DIVISIONS
          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Legend is not part of the job description, sentiment is an unsound basis for making quality business decisions, especially in sport. Les is part of the problem when it comes to gaffer recruitment.
            Les HAS been making quality business decisions but sadly they've been of poor quality.

But you're right. Club legend has nothing to do with it. We'd all rather have a non-QPR person making great decisions than a club legend making poor ones. And sadly, the last two managerial appointments have been rubbish.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
              I don't think hiring JFH was a mistake. It was worth taking a risk IMO. I would like us to appoint a promising young manager rather than an 60 year old experienced one. And I hope this strategy applies to our transfer policy as well.
              Our last two were not super old & look what happened there. I think experience is exactly what we need right now.

Comment

Its a hard one to call to be honest. I think it would be truly wrong to suggest he hasn't done any good in the role what so ever.

His selection of managers is his biggest downfall. It seems being mates with him goes along way rather than the best possible candidate. If recruiting a class manager is hindered by having a DOF then he should be moved on or his role reworked to let the new manager do what he needs to do.

Comment

Has done a huge job of getting rid of the last high earners (Sandro and caulker aside) and has released players due to go.

He has brought in the likes of smithies, Ingram, sylla, Luongo, hall etc

He has returned QPR back to the days of how we historically were run, i.e. Buy in cheap and sell on for a profit.

We are being run much more within our means.

I say keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Our last two were not super old & look what happened there. I think experience is exactly what we need right now.
                    I wouldn't mind that, but are experienced managers motivated enough? I would never ever again want a manager or player to come here if money is their only motivator.

Comment

So all these multi billionare types of business men that have run very successful businesses all over the world are just waiting on one man for a name because he has the knowledge of experience in football, can't see it sorry
                      You're kind of inflating what I said to make your point, but yes, essentially that is correct. The board simply have to trust their DoF's input because he is the only person in the recruitment process with any actual footballing experience - even though in Les' case that experience is largely limited to on-field matters. Remember that by LF's admission alone he said he is still learning the job, whilst on it. - which again suggests that he was hired more because of his club legend status than his actual very limited off-field football experience.

, sure he has as say and he will hold the interviews , but really a DOF is a go between between manager and Chairman, and I will reiterate the final decision will lie with the board and if they do not think the DOF has made the right call they wont hire him
                      Of course you are correct that the owners would have any final say, but nevertheless LF's influence clearly still has a major bearing on managerial decisions because the owners have even less footballing experience, and thereby very much dependent on his input.

Comment

Definitely back Les - also Jfh was NOT a diasterous appointment if you were ok with the objective of stabilisation, using more home grown talent, living within our means thanks to ffp etc. The fact is that as a supporter base, including Tony F, we were not prepared to go along with it. Let's face it, we all want success,some only being happy when it's more or less instant. To be honest, the kind of dross we have been served was the problem along with our high expectations. Really hope the keyboard warriors will give whoever gets the poisoned chalice a chance and at least allow the fundamentals the club is trying to establish( take a bow Lee Hoos) to be given the chance to flourish properly.

Comment

The other question where the d.o.f position is concerned is how much are we paying him as right now with the purse strings being tight his salary could get us another player. What is more important his position or a centre forward? Make no mistake he is being loaded up by Fernandes.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                            Has done a huge job of getting rid of the last high earners (Sandro and caulker aside) and has released players due to go.

He has brought in the likes of smithies, Ingram, sylla, Luongo, hall etc

He has returned QPR back to the days of how we historically were run, i.e. Buy in cheap and sell on for a profit.

We are being run much more within our means.

I say keep him.
                            No he didn't get rid of the high earners they walked when their contracts expired after squeezing every last penny out of the club and the ones he sold ie C A and M P he sold at a reduced rate after over pricing them a transfer window earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                              Because managerial decisions are made between Les and the board. Les is DoF and the only one of those people with actual footballing knowledge/experience (at least on the field) - which the board would obviously be reliant and trusting of.
                              One slight mistake Stan you said last 2 managerial appointment It was actually 3 Ramsey was damningly twice

Comment

Can we have a poll about sacking the equipment monitorer?

Comment

Working...
                                X