Alan Curbishley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Curbishley

Kev suggested him in another thread. Surely he would be an excellent choice? Was lately a coach at Fulham I believe?

Personally think that's a great shout. Been out of the managerial game for a while (think his last gig was with WHU?), but his punditry / coaching work has kept him involved with English football, especially in the lower leagues. We could do a lot worse.

Comment

No plss poor at man management don't believe me ask Danny Shitoo

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        No plss poor at man management don't believe me ask Danny Shitoo
        Why, what did Danny Shittu say?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          Why, what did Danny Shittu say?
          Came here on loan and publicly stated there was way he would go back to Charlton while Curbishly was there

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Came here on loan and publicly stated there was way he would go back to Charlton while Curbishly was there
            Doesn't make it bad man management because 1 player has a fall out.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
              Doesn't make it bad man management because 1 player has a fall out.
              Well if you like but D S did go into far more detail than that

Comment

Was a good manager but been out of management for too long

Comment

Interesting one. Could be a diamond. What's he been up to lately? I fear he may be ranked alongside Gerry Francis and Steve Coppell? In the sense he knows his business but been gone too long? Unfair maybe. Would have him above alot of other names mentioned though

Comment

Have you ever heard of a manager who didn't have a problem with a player at one time or another? Feel free to post what Danny said at length, I'd like to read it. But for me Curbishley is more than a safe pair of hands, he's a proven manager who kept a bang average Charlton side in the Premiership for ages and a decent tactician as well. And someone who knows how to build a squad. And he's kept his hand in working with Fulham last few years too.
                    Last edited by Hubble; 06-11-2016, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Been out the game for a hell of a long time now , doesn't make him a bad manager but you wonder why he hasn't been involved in the game for so long

Comment

Puncheon doesn't like warnock does that make him a #### poor man manager?

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                          Been out the game for a hell of a long time now , doesn't make him a bad manager but you wonder why he hasn't been involved in the game for so long
                          He hasn't.

"On 24 December 2013, Curbishley was appointed technical director at Premier League side Fulham.[22] In February 2014 following the appointment of a new manager at Fulham, Felix Magath, Curbishley was sacked after less than two months in the role.[23] He rejoined the coaching staff on 5 March 2015, to work alongside Kit Symons, for the remainder of the 2014-15 season.[24] On 9 November 2015, Curbishley took charge of Fulham's first-team training following the sacking of Symons.[25]"

(source wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Curbishley)

And since then he's been a pundit. So at best out of the game less than a year.

Comment

He hasn't. And since then he's been a pundit. So at best out of the game less than a year.
                            To be honest, however long he's been away from management isn't too much of a concern for me. He is well respected in the game, tactically sound, decent in the transfer market and was renowned for picking the best team in a consistent formation week in, week out. That's all I ask for in a manager personally.

To look at it another way, Karl Robinson has been out of the game for a matter of a few months, and Curbishley should be ahead of him in the pecking order.
                            Last edited by surrey_hoop; 06-11-2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Have you ever heard of a manager who didn't have a problem with a player at one time or another? Feel free to post what Danny said at length, I'd like to read it. But for me Curbishley is more than a safe pair of hands, he's a proven manager who kept a bang average Charlton side in the Premiership for ages and a decent tactician as well. And someone who knows how to build a squad. And he's kept his hand in working with Fulham last few years too.
                              It was along time ago I couldn't recall all of it but the way I recall D S didn't fall out with him but he claimed he and other young players didn't feel part of Charlton something about A C ignored them while walking past them in the corridor never spoke to didn't know their names , but if your happy to have fair does but not for me

Comment

Working...
                              X