Roy Hodgson anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
    I disagree. Let's not kid ourselves here, we are at the start of a 3-5 year (at the least) rebuilding process. Even if he was to come in and be a (relative) success, we will be a Championship team at best for a while to come. Does he really have the enthuisiasm or inclination to be managing a mid-table Championship team well into his 70's? Personally, I doubt it. Would he keep us up this season? Chnces are, yes he would. The fact is, that would only lead to us delaying the inevitable, and appointing another manager in 1-2 seasons time anyway. I'm not necessarily one of these in the "young and hungry" manager brigade either, but we have to be realistic.
    Don't get me wrong buddie I'm not concerned either way but as you said we are into a rebuilding progress which if we're being honest isn't going very well , and some one of 70 with his experience is probably a very good candidate to do just that yeah maybe he better equipped to be doing someone else's job

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Your spot on Surrey about 3-5 year building process and it's so needed but no way will fans allow that if there not happy and can understand why that's why they have to get this right or we will be doing this again in 12months
      That's what I fear too. Since Fernandes bought the club, a manager hasn't lasted longer than (excluding Warnock, who wasn't a TF appointment) 2 1/2 years (Redknapp) - and he would've walked in 2014 if we'd lost the play-off final. The rest have lasted around a year or so. That is not the foundation from which to build a successful football club, especially in our current predicament.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        Don't get me wrong buddie I'm not concerned either way but as you said we are into a rebuilding progress which if we're being honest isn't going very well , and some one of 70 with his experience is probably a very good candidate to do just that yeah maybe he better equipped to be doing someone else's job
        I think there's still a place for him in football management. I just don't think it's with us.

Comment

Hang on a minute , I thought everyone was sick of defensive football , of managers playing conservative football with players playing out of position

Comment

Get Roy in and try and get young Neil Warnock to be his understudy to take over in a few years when hes learnt his trade.
            We have to think of the future.

Comment

Interesting perspective who would you recommend to the Board if you were DOF then?

Comment

From one extreme, a young novice, to an ageing dinosaur with one foot in the grave. No thanks.

How about some youth with experience in this league or equivalent from abroad.

Let's see some vision from the boardroom instead of having les pull out his little black book of friends again.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I'm not sure why Les gets all the grief , surely the Chairmans (of which there are two by the way) have the final say ,sure the director of football has an input but the club is run by its board ,if both Chairmans and share holders agree then a decision will be made , I see TF gets plenty of stick but what about his partner that runs the club day to day nobody has a go at him , he gets away with it very lightly considering he makes all the calls apparently

Comment

Lost the plot the last few years. Well out of touch with modern football if you ask me.

His tactics and squad choice in the Euros tell you all you need to know. Old fudger.

Comment

Agree Winalotto

Comment

What's the point in hiring a DOF then???

That's the whole point, so they put their investment & faith in a man who is capable of making such decisions so they don't have to. Same as CEO's, managing directors etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          From one extreme, a young novice, to an ageing dinosaur with one foot in the grave. No thanks.
                          is the right answer. Absolutely no way.

Comment

What? Why? Woy?

Comment

Has experience added to Steve Cotterill and or Marc B as assistants

Comment

Sylla taking corners yay go Roy!

Comment

Working...
                                X