Roy Hodgson anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Hodgson anyone?

Took the foolham to greater heights, lives in Twickenham........

Not sure he would want to downgrade himself to our level.

Comment

No thanks.

Do you remember the world cup?

Kane taking corners FFS.

Comment

Next option please?

Comment

No from me

Comment

No, no and no. Apart from that, no.

Comment

No thanks

Comment

The guy is knocking 70. With all due respect (to him and us), he is not what we need right now.

Comment

I think he'd have it as manager but not as coach under L F other than that not interested either way
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 06-11-2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                    The guy is knocking 70. With all due respect (to him and us), he is not what we need right now.
                    Don't think his age should rule out , he maybe exactly what we need right to bring some sort of sanity back to the asylum
                    Last edited by dogsrrs; 06-11-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

No thanks,his teams play boring football as is his personality and never has a plan b.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Don't think his age should rule out , he maybe exactly what we need right to bring one sort of sanity back to the asylum
                        I disagree. Let's not kid ourselves here, we are at the start of a 3-5 year (at the least) rebuilding process. Even if he was to come in and be a (relative) success, we will be a Championship team at best for a while to come. Does he really have the enthuisiasm or inclination to be managing a mid-table Championship team well into his 70's? Personally, I doubt it. Would he keep us up this season? Chnces are, yes he would. The fact is, that would only lead to us delaying the inevitable, and appointing another manager in 1-2 seasons time anyway. I'm not necessarily one of these in the "young and hungry" manager brigade either, but we have to be realistic, and adopt a long term vision for this football club. Roy Hodgson isn't the answer.
                        Last edited by surrey_hoop; 06-11-2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Agree with you but we thought we got a young hungry Manager in JFH but he didn't last a year, maybe big Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by Rentonrose View Post
                            Agree with you but we thought we got a young hungry Manager in JFH but he didn't last a year, maybe big Sam?
                            Like I say, appointing a manager just because he's young isn't a strategy I agree with either. It has to be about finding the middle ground between a) someone who's competent and b) someone with the desire to be in charge for a good 3-4 years to steady the ship. Allardyce and Curbishley are both good shouts in that regard.

Comment

Your spot on Surrey about 3-5 year building process and it's so needed but no way will fans allow that if there not happy and can understand why that's why they have to get this right or we will be doing this again in 12months

Comment

Working...
                              X