No announcement yet.

I don't think it'll be Tim Sherwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we have time on our side now with the international break.

Will stick with my original post though. I do not see Tim Sherwood getting the job at all.

Les would be signing his own death warrant. He's not that dumb surely.

Comment

Fancy its either Cotterill or Clement myself as I know Cotterill is held in high regard due to his coaching stint a couple of years ago.

Comment

The more I hear, the more I think the whole Sherwood story is nonsense. I'd put my mortgage on us selecting a young manager who has only operated at League 1 & Championship level.

Comment

Same chaps.

Forget all this 'nailed on' nonsense and the 'bookies favourite' the bookies would spin any old yarn to get fools parted with their money.

If it's him I'd be genuinely shocked. Some people thinks it's a foregone conclusion. I can see a surprise name being thrown into the ring.

Comment

If it was sherwood he would be in by now

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              If it was sherwood he would be in by now
              Not really mate. Contracts have to be agreed. League targets tied into bonuses, budgets discussed, lawyers to go over contracts and agree them, agents role and fees, all kinds of things that can't be done instantly.

Comment

Jimmy, If it was as certain as some suggested then that would be sorted as there is no need for permission or any or the stuff. Agree with you though it will not be Sherwood.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  The more I hear, the more I think the whole Sherwood story is nonsense. I'd put my mortgage on us selecting a young manager who has only operated at League 1 & Championship level.
                  I hear Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is free. He meets that criteria....

Comment

Jimmy, If it was as certain as some suggested then that would be sorted as there is no need for permission or any or the stuff. Agree with you though it will not be Sherwood.
                    I know what you mean re; fees, but the rest still takes a certain amount of time to sort. QPR may want to offer less Ģ than maybe they previously wanted too, budgets gone down to us already signing a number of players. Things like that.

Who knows mate. Once we get a sniff of someone being asked by QPR for an interview we'll know what kind of man we're going for.

Comment

I have a gut feeling for Cotterill as this would suit LF not my choice but not unrealistic. My own choice would be Gary Rowett the guy who helped JFH the job here by giving him the base to work at Burton. Done a brilliant job at Brum and young and up and coming.

Comment

Agree with all your points mate.

On reflection over the weekend, I'd love Paul Clement.

Comment

Still not convinced totally nail my colours to Rowett. Very impressed by the way his teams are set up and clearly gets his message across to them.

Comment

I have a gut feeling for Cotterill as this would suit LF not my choice but not unrealistic. My own choice would be Gary Rowett the guy who helped JFH the job here by giving him the base to work at Burton. Done a brilliant job at Brum and young and up and coming.
                            I remember doing my level one and someone told me that Cotterill has all his badges but is an awful, awful coach and manager, something about him having no actual footballing mentality and just being qualified without having any actual talent or understanding beyond what they told him to study for the badges.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              Well we have time on our side now with the international break.

Will stick with my original post though. I do not see Tim Sherwood getting the job at all.

Les would be signing his own death warrant. He's not that dumb surely.
                              Letīs hope not.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Nas Cotterill is well regarded at QPR based on a bit of coaching a couple of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X