X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve McClaren

Not sure that this should be new thread - will let mods decide

Just watching Wolves v Derby match.

Derby winning 2 nil and looking controlled,organised and dominant ... and actually have a game plan

I personally think that we missed out on him and he would have made a good manager for us ...

When we had the good spell in the prem (at least i think it was the prem), was all down to his coaching IMO ..

Whats dregs will we be left with when Haissleplank gets the boot ...

Personally agree with you, think he would've done a job for us. Decent manager at this level.

Our run of form with him as a coach was at the start of the 2013/14 Championship season when we went unbeaten longer than any other team in England. Do think it's too much of a coincidence that it pretty much fell apart when he left for Derby first time around who subsequently shot up the table..... only to be sunk by Bobby Z at Wembley
    Last edited by ConorM1882; 05-11-2016, 03:07 PM.
    "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

Good Coach, is a liability to success as a manager. Seems cursed from promotion.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
      X