No announcement yet.

Lee Cook KT column: JFH treading on thin ice at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nas, thanks for the response but it wasn't really what I was referring to. Never mind though.

Re JFH - I also support him in that I would not boo him, or wouldn't want our team to lose whilst he's the manager. I'd also always do my best to support the team on the pitch. But that doesn't mean I think he's still the right man for the job and should not be replaced. Big difference.

Comment

Expect the same old shite tomorrow with us maybe getting a draw against a completely out of form Forest

Comment

A former player who plays professional football for a living, has played for QPR and undertstands the game saying what loadssssss of us on here have been saying yet we're all doom mongers and negative?! Hmmmmm I think not.

Said it a million times, anyone trying to dress this dross up either hasn't a clue about football or have just got their heads in the sand.

Well said cookie!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          Understand it, but clearly disagree with it. So you disagree with Lee Cook; Martin Rowlands; ex-pros commentating on our football games (eg the recent Fulham game), most fans etc etc. Tell me Nas, does it ever occur to you that it's your own opinions that may sometimes be questionable? And another thing, has anyone on this forum or another ever said anything that may even make you consider modifying your opinion? Or are you always as rigid and inflexible in your footballing views? In all my years on this forum I've never come across anyone quite like it.
          It's laughable tbh. Not gonna lay into him anymore. I've hammered him on here as I personally think he just tries to sound over intelligent when football is quite simple if you know what you're looking at. I also think Nas, and I believe you said it last week you just remain positive so you don't feel a certain way. Sorry mate but that's just lying to yourself.

You do know it's ok to be critical of multi millionaires at times don't you? There really is nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            That's not actually what I was referring to Ginge. Not really jumping on him either. Just find it genuinely bewildering.
            I must've read your post wrong then, Stan, apologies.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

How refreshing reading that and not only from a fan but a former player, really good to hear Lee's views.

Hope the club read that because it can't go on any longer, most of us have already given up.

Comment

I gave up my season ticket for very different reasons in the summer, and I was gutted to do it. But, and it pains me to say it, I can't help but feeling I might've dodged a financial bullet by not renewing. My brother and dad renewed, and they come away from almost every game wondering why they spent their money. It truly is a sad state of affairs. Especially when you consider that we aren't even in a horrible league position, and not far off the playoffs. It's just the football is plain awful every game. And the fact that we are in November and our top scorer is a midfielder with 4 goals is just embarrassing. Last night I said to my brother I might get a ticket for the Norwich game, as I haven't been since Huddersfield away and missed the buzz. He turned around and said don't bother, theres no buzz any more. Sad stuff.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  I gave up my season ticket for very different reasons in the summer, and I was gutted to do it. But, and it pains me to say it, I can't help but feeling I might've dodged a financial bullet by not renewing. My brother and dad renewed, and they come away from almost every game wondering why they spent their money. It truly is a sad state of affairs. Especially when you consider that we aren't even in a horrible league position, and not far off the playoffs. It's just the football is plain awful every game. And the fact that we are in November and our top scorer is a midfielder with 4 goals is just embarrassing. Last night I said to my brother I might get a ticket for the Norwich game, as I haven't been since Huddersfield away and missed the buzz. He turned around and said don't bother, theres no buzz any more. Sad stuff.
                  The biggest indictment of Jimmy, Ginge. The biggest. This past year has been horrible. It's why he has to be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    The biggest indictment of Jimmy, Ginge. The biggest. This past year has been horrible. It's why he has to be fired.
                    I don't disagree 77. Backed Jimmy for as long as I could but I just can't now. Not after Brentford. So sick of the high turnover in managers though.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      A former player who plays professional football for a living, has played for QPR and undertstands the game saying what loadssssss of us on here have been saying yet we're all doom mongers and negative?! Hmmmmm I think not.

Said it a million times, anyone trying to dress this dross up either hasn't a clue about football or have just got their heads in the sand.

Well said cookie!
                      Michael Owen is a former footballer with a wealth of experience and 10x the talent Cookie is (not to say he was a bad player of course).

Yet his opinion on the game is criticised heavily by plenty of people. Players aren't necessarily right just because they're players. That being said, they aren't necessarily wrong for the same reason. Football is a game of perspective. I see us being 5 points from play offs, you see us being 5 points from relegation. Both these points are true. Yet I (and others) get slaughtered for looking up, just because everyone else looks down.

Once again, your opinion is not the be all, end all, nor is mine. Saying that someone hasn't got a clue because they don't agree with you or others like you is you forcing your opinion down people's throats, the same thing you've criticised me of doing for weeks now.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Nas, you may well be right fella, but I think it's the way you express it that puts people's backs up. Sometimes just letting things lie is the best approach...

Peace and all of that...x

Comment

​Nas, I think you missed my point earlier. This isn't actually about the fact that your opinions aren't held by the majority. And from my observations, that isn't what gets you into conflicts so often on here. I think it's more to do with the following:

As an example: If I'm debating with someone and they make a point that hadn't previously occurred to me, then I would consider that and it may lead me to re-evaluate my view, if I conclude that the argument is sound and plausible enough.

The great thing about opinions for me is that they can always be modified, updated or re-evaluated, based on sound enough supporting evidence. Personally I find there's no shame in that process at all. On the contrary, it's fascinating to observe how my views are able to change and develop over time, as opposed to being rigid, and not open to re-assessment. How dull would that be?

Do you see what I'm getting at now?

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Once again, I get called condescending, but then there's this...

Your issue is that you assume that I believe my opinion is the be all, end all, when in fact, what you're doing right now is proving to me that you reflect yourself on other people to validate yourself. I don't need people to agree with me, that's not what I care about. I don't need to have the 15, 20 or so people here who always agree with you to know that my opinion isn't wrong. Your opinion isn't wrong on the footballing matters either, it's just different to mine.

Now, just to reiterate, I do not agree with the opinions you have with regards to JFH and the direction of the club. But I do understand your reasons for holding those opinions and I respect your right to hold those opinions and not only to hold them, but to express them, over and over again on here and anywhere else you see fit.

Now, would you kindly respect my right to hold my opinions and to express them here or anywhere else as I see fit, instead of trying to reflect your views onto me for validation?

Gordon bennett give over nas, youre becoming across as a tool, everyone had been saying exactly what cookies been saying ages ago and you wouyldnt have any of it, also saying how you can see exactly what jfhs doing on the pitch when its plain to see there isnt any plan thats going on! why cant you just hold youre hands up and say you got it all wrong, instead of coming across as bitter!
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Cookie is spot on and exactly how I have seen it myself so not sure why 1 person can try to defend what we have been served up thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                                The annoying thing is before jimmy came we was getting quite good crowds size wise really and hes taking a couple or so thousand off already with his tactics formation!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X