Lee Cook KT column: JFH treading on thin ice at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
    Hard to disagree with what Cookie says. I've long defended JFH (for various reasons, and it has been far from a pleasant task), but he seems too limited in his tactical thinking. I also rate Martin Rowlands, really like listening to him on the live commentaries, so I'm afraid that is pretty much it for me. Oh well.
    Damn right ! What does a novice manager handling a novice squad add up to ? crap football

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Kind of makes a mockery of the way nas has been defending this rubbish, not meaning to give him any more stick as hes had enough!
      "not meaning to give him any more stick as he's had enough" - right after giving me stick...

In any case, I understand everything Cookie says and I think that if the performance doesn't change and result isn't a win or draw (both have to happen), perhaps - for his sake and the sake of some of the fans who might commit the Seppuku that Kirill suggested JFH should perform - he should be off. Worst part is, knowing our luck, he'll probably succeed elsewhere and we'll wonder what went wrong here and the answer would be simple - there's been a toxicity at the club for 10+ years that makes long term success an impossibility.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        "not meaning to give him any more stick as he's had enough" - right after giving me stick...

In any case, I understand everything Cookie says and I think that if the performance doesn't change and result isn't a win or draw (both have to happen), perhaps - for his sake and the sake of some of the fans who might commit the Seppuku that Kirill suggested JFH should perform - he should be off. Worst part is, knowing our luck, he'll probably succeed elsewhere and we'll wonder what went wrong here and the answer would be simple - there's been a toxicity at the club for 10+ years that makes long term success an impossibility.
        I really REALLY hope you are not implying that JFH has failed because of us fans? You wouldn't be saying such a thing would you now Nas?

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          I really REALLY hope you are not implying that JFH has failed because of us fans? You wouldn't be saying such a thing would you now Nas?
          Why do immediately assume that? I don't know what the toxicity is, but given the fact that Hughes failed here and succeeded almost immediately after, Sousa effectively failed here and went on to succeed after, there's something inherently gone wrong with the club.

And by the way, if you and others are gonna suggest that I'm condescending in my speech, please don't be patronising in yours towards me.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Why do immediately assume that? I don't know what the toxicity is, but given the fact that Hughes failed here and succeeded almost immediately after, Sousa effectively failed here and went on to succeed after, there's something inherently gone wrong with the club.

And by the way, if you and others are gonna suggest that I'm condescending in my speech, please don't be patronising in yours towards me.
            Because I know how much you love JFH, and disagree with every fan who criticizes him? Just put two and two together really.

You say you agree with everything in Cookie's article as well? Funny that everyone on here has been saying what he has said in that article for a few weeks now and you've disagreed with everyone on it?

Why the sudden change of view? And when I say sudden, I mean all of like a few days...

Comment

Because I know how much you love JFH, and disagree with every fan who criticizes him? Just put two and two together really.

You say you agree with everything in Cookie's article as well? Funny that everyone on here has been saying what he has said in that article for a few weeks now and you've disagreed with everyone on it?

Why the sudden change of view? And when I say sudden, I mean all of like a few days...
              When did I say I agree? I said I understand... different things

Also you don't know how much I love JFH, I don't back him because he's JFH, I back him because, as I always do, I back every manager at QPR.

And I've also said for many weeks that I understand where people are coming from, doesn't mean I agree with them. So no... this isn't a sudden change of view.

Comment

When did I say I agree? I said I understand... different things

Also you don't know how much I love JFH, I don't back him because he's JFH, I back him because, as I always do, I back every manager at QPR.

And I've also said for many weeks that I understand where people are coming from, doesn't mean I agree with them. So no... this isn't a sudden change of view.
                I think judging on the size of debates you've had with other users on here, it has been plain to see you did not agree or understand certain views on JFH from criticizing fans.
                You may say you did, but my viewpoint is that you 100% did not understand the legitimate concerns from most of us. If you did understand then you wouldn't of had the opposing views you 'did', if you see what I mean.

Not to worry though, I did expect this change of view from you eventually - glad to see you've finally seen the light.

Comment

Seppuku is tough, especially the evil level. A real brain strain.

Comment

I think judging on the size of debates you've had with other users on here, it has been plain to see you did not agree or understand certain views on JFH from criticizing fans.
                    You may say you did, but my viewpoint is that you 100% did not understand the legitimate concerns from most of us. If you did understand then you wouldn't of had the opposing views you 'did', if you see what I mean.

Not to worry though, I did expect this change of view from you eventually - glad to see you've finally seen the light.
                    Once again, I get called condescending, but then there's this...

Your issue is that you assume that I believe my opinion is the be all, end all, when in fact, what you're doing right now is proving to me that you reflect yourself on other people to validate yourself. I don't need people to agree with me, that's not what I care about. I don't need to have the 15, 20 or so people here who always agree with you to know that my opinion isn't wrong. Your opinion isn't wrong on the footballing matters either, it's just different to mine.

Now, just to reiterate, I do not agree with the opinions you have with regards to JFH and the direction of the club. But I do understand your reasons for holding those opinions and I respect your right to hold those opinions and not only to hold them, but to express them, over and over again on here and anywhere else you see fit.

Now, would you kindly respect my right to hold my opinions and to express them here or anywhere else as I see fit, instead of trying to reflect your views onto me for validation?

Comment

I understand everything Cookie says
                      Understand it, but clearly disagree with it. So you disagree with Lee Cook; Martin Rowlands; ex-pros commentating on our football games (eg the recent Fulham game), most fans etc etc. Tell me Nas, does it ever occur to you that it's your own opinions that may sometimes be questionable? And another thing, has anyone on this forum or another ever said anything that may even make you consider modifying your opinion? Or are you always as rigid and inflexible in your footballing views? In all my years on this forum I've never come across anyone quite like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Understand it, but clearly disagree with it. So you disagree with Lee Cook; Martin Rowlands; ex-pros commentating on our football games (eg the recent Fulham game), most fans etc etc. Tell me Nas, does it ever occur to you that it's your own opinions that may sometimes be questionable? And another thing, has anyone on this forum or another ever said anything that may even make you consider modifying your opinion? Or are you always as rigid and inflexible in your footballing views? In all my years on this forum I've never come across anyone quite like it.
                        It must just be me that sees that Nasser isn't as steadfast in his support of JFH than he used to be...
                        Or is jumping on everything the guy says flavour of the month at the moment?
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          It must just be me that sees that Nasser isn't as steadfast in his support of JFH than he used to be...
                          That's not actually what I was referring to Ginge. Not really jumping on him either. Just find it genuinely bewildering.

Comment

It would have been interesting to know what Robsondinho thinks about JFH`s future with us now. From what I have read on here over the years, Robsondinho knows his onions when it comes to football, imo.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              It would have been interesting to know what Robsondinho thinks about JFH`s future with us now. From what I have read on here over the years, Robsondinho knows his onions when it comes to football, imo.
                              Same here Shania. Now there's someone who know his football.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                You've definitely come across it, the difference between what you perceive me as and what other people are is that you assume I'm inflexible in my support, while the others are inflexible in their constant disapproval.

Now, read again... I can see why from his and many other people's perspective, they feel the way they do. I totally understand the reasons behind their lack of backing of the manager and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work out for him at all. But at the same time, I have my own reasons that I've put on here millions of times that people (apparently) continue to ignore. I don't personally find the football boring but I can see why to people who view football from a different lens, they'd find it boring. I don't find his team selections particularly odd, but again, depending on what people want from the team, they may do and that's understandable. I personally see us having gone forward from where we were prior to Jimmy, but I can understand the reasons as to why other people who have other sub-objectives that lead to the same long term goal will see it differently. I see a lot of things differently from a lot of people, if ex-pros see things one way, that's down to them. I don't have to agree with someone because they're ex-players for the club. I'll agree with them if I find myself thinking the things they do, and I don't. Doesn't harm anyone unless people are so insecure that they rely on everyone having the same opinion as them or they don't feel validated in life.

Now, I will continue supporting JFH till the club succeeds with him at the helm or until he gets sacked, at which point I will support whomever is in charge next, because I support the club and hence I support the representative of the club. That is the manager, that is the players, that is the backroom staff. My support is to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X