Lee Cook KT column: JFH treading on thin ice at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Cook KT column: JFH treading on thin ice at QPR

Hello all and welcome to my latest column for the Brent & Kilburn Times. I think it’s safe to say that firstly the performance against Brentford was under no circumstances acceptable – the fans were well within the rights to vent their frustrations after a display like that.

I was at the game with Martin Rowlands and we just didn’t understand what QPR were trying to do, there didn’t seem to be any real game plan. I’ve said before I wasn’t sure if Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is the right man for the job, and those concerns are intensifying.

The most worrying part for me of all are Jimmy’s post-match comments. I don’t understand them at all. He said after the Brentford game it wasn’t like the previous six games where we had performed well – I must have missed that...

Full article: http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/..._qpr_1_4760462
    The future's Amit the futures not orange

Cookie seems to be echoing how the majority feel.

Good article - Messy scenes on Saturday if we lose and the performance is the same as it has been of late.

It's Bye Bye Jimmy already though IMO.

Comment

Yes we are all saying the same thing, how can the club, Les etc not see it
      The future's Amit the futures not orange

Comment

Well said Lee. Plenty of home truths there, which I agree with every word of. He's saying Rowly (who he was sat with) agreed with him too. Coming from them, I'm sure the club will read this which has to be a good thing. If our esteemed ex-players are saying this as well as the fans, something must give soon enough.

Comment

100% correct
          well put cookie

Comment

Saw Cook in the Crown & Sceptre before the Brentford game drinking with Rowlands.

Good article from him.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Spot on Mr Cook, I think we're already at the stage where most of the fans have lost faith in JFH, and we're all waiting for T.F to pull the trigger, but JFH alone will do no good, the DOF needs to go with him he's just as culpable in this, T.F. employs Ramsey then JFH on his advise which makes me question the ability he has to do his job

Comment

Says it all. Get rid now. Let's not p iss away any more of the season. Can you imagine the horror of watching a team picked by Jimmy week in week out?

Comment

Too big a job for him at such an early stage of his career IMO. In hindsight, should never of been given the opportunity and he should never of accepted it - Such a big job rebuilding etc. Totally different from Burton where he inherited an already finished article side on it's way up.

Comment

Class act is Mr Cook, great on the pitch and very astute off it

Legend
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Can't disagree with anything there. Good article.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Well said Lee. Plenty of home truths there, which I agree with every word of. He's saying Rowly (who he was sat with) agreed with him too. Coming from them, I'm sure the club will read this which has to be a good thing. If our esteemed ex-players are saying this as well as the fans, something must give soon enough.
                        Kind of makes a mockery of the way nas has been defending this rubbish, not meaning to give him any more stick as hes had enough!
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Hard to disagree with what Cookie says. I've long defended JFH (for various reasons, and it has been far from a pleasant task), but he seems too limited in his tactical thinking. I also rate Martin Rowlands, really like listening to him on the live commentaries, so I'm afraid that is pretty much it for me. Oh well.

Comment

Cookies a fan and is saying pretty much what the majority are thinking. Based on that it is impossible that Ferdinand and Fernandez are not aware of the situation. He has simply got to go, he's not a QPR manager and never will be. I've never felt so depressed going to the football than this. The whole place needs a lift

Comment

Surely T F can't hide from the fact that esteemed former players that happen to also be fans condem the shyte that is being served up

Comment

Working...
                              X