JFH wasting Washington's talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I often wonder how the average man on the street would do if you gave him the managers job. I dunno, pick a successful Managing Director with an interest in football and see what happens. To an extent that's what Mark Warburton is. Retired from football young, had 20 successful years in business then went back to football in his 40's.

Let's be honest, most of these managers are only where they are off the back of their football careers. A lot of them ain't the sharpest tools!
    Good point Re: Warburton. Amazing to think Brentford's foundations and subsequent rise have been down to a manager who was in business for 20 years and an owner who's made his money in gambling. Makes another mockery of us in a way - Our multi millionaire airline owner and former world known striker of a manager.

I think this QPR re-building job has shown JFH he is not ready for such a big job - Burton was made on a plate already for him, all he had to do was come in, pick the same team every week, which had been sculpted by previous managers - and take training.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      If you just look at cousins' attributes as a player - his energy, movement, box to box style, you can see that he probably would make more sense when chasing a game than Henry as he can attack too from there. I know he drifts in but he didn't really do much of that when put there. Henry might play there more but he's a defensive option that won't do much for us offensively from full back and that's not what we needed.
      Nasser, stats will not cut it for me here.... Cousins is not even close to a defender for me, he's a box to box player with the goal in mind. Henry can and has played RB, it made more sense given we made a sub anyway.

Comment

Why didn't he just stick Hall on, Move Onuoha to RB and stick Perch at left-back... Done.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          Why didn't he just stick Hall on, Move Onuoha to RB and stick Perch at left-back... Done.
          Because he's a ####ing idiot who has the tactical awareness of Paul hart

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            Nasser, stats will not cut it for me here.... Cousins is not even close to a defender for me, he's a box to box player with the goal in mind. Henry can and has played RB, it made more sense given we made a sub anyway.
            When did I use stats? Instead of just berating my point here, understand what the objective of the manager at that point was.

"We're losing 1 - 0, crowd is getting restless and we need to attack, so lets make an attacking substitution. We need to take off Robinson anyway as he can't do a full 90, lets bring on a winger, since we know Perch can play left back and with the right back, given how we're attacking, lets put someone in without wasting an unnecessary second sub to just become more defensive. Cousins can run with the ball, can win it back and close down, he can do alright at full back with regards to what we need right now in that role so lets play him there."

It's not rocket science, it's not stats, it's common sense.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

When did I use stats? Instead of just berating my point here, understand what the objective of the manager at that point was.

"We're losing 1 - 0, crowd is getting restless and we need to attack, so lets make an attacking substitution. We need to take off Robinson anyway as he can't do a full 90, lets bring on a winger, since we know Perch can play left back and with the right back, given how we're attacking, lets put someone in without wasting an unnecessary second sub to just become more defensive. Cousins can run with the ball, can win it back and close down, he can do alright at full back with regards to what we need right now in that role so lets play him there."

Oh Nasser, you are quite possibly the only person in the whole of the Rangers fanbase that would try and justify putting Jordan Cousins at right-back.
              You do make me chuckle/want to continually smash my head on the table.

For what it's worth, I think considering the whole of the Rangers fanbase, bar yourself, wouldn't and couldn't even try and conjure up a logical reason in putting Cousins at right back... it should show you that it is anything but common sense.
              Last edited by West London is Rss; 02-11-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

You are such a foooking wet blanket. Relax man!

The objective of JFH? Christ, he's clueless, so no I dont get the objective of our manager right now. Sorry.

1. Highlighted in red, thats fine and makes perfect sense, but why not actually play a winger in that position in the first place? Why not take Cousins off and make a double change and bring on a CB and put a more natural RB there in Nedum?
                2. Highlighted in yellow, this makes no sense, playing Cousins at RB to purely save a second sub is not something I would do. He is NOT a RB and likelihood is that we become even more rocky at the back.
                3. Highlighted in Blue, Cousins is not a full back it makes no sense to have done that move. You have three subs....

With regards to rocket science, here's some ####ing rocket science for you.

Why even play a half fit player in his first game back in god knows how long AT ALL. If you want to go more attacking then bring on a striker, go three at the back etc etc...Sorry but dont give me this ######## that the Manager has an objective that makes clear sense.

Recently JFH has been a shambles in tactics.

Comment

Oh Nasser, you are quite possibly the only person in the whole of the Rangers fanbase that would try and justify putting Jordan Cousins at right-back.

For what it's worth, I think considering the whole of the Rangers fanbase, bar yourself, wouldn't and couldn't even try and conjure up a logical reason in putting Cousins at right back... it should show you that it is anything but common sense.
                  Thank god for some sanity... but hey, its common Fo0king sense lad.

Comment

And here was me thinking it was just me...? I don't do much chuckling, mind.

Comment

You are such a foooking wet blanket. Relax man!

The objective of JFH? Christ, he's clueless, so no I dont get the objective of our manager right now. Sorry.

1. Highlighted in red, thats fine and makes perfect sense, but why not actually play a winger in that position in the first place? Why not take Cousins off and make a double change and bring on a CB and put a more natural RB there in Nedum?
                      2. Highlighted in yellow, this makes no sense, playing Cousins at RB to purely save a second sub is not something I would do. He is NOT a RB and likelihood is that we become even more rocky at the back.
                      3. Highlighted in Blue, Cousins is not a full back it makes no sense to have done that move. You have three subs....

With regards to rocket science, here's some ####ing rocket science for you.

Why even play a half fit player in his first game back in god knows how long AT ALL. If you want to go more attacking then bring on a striker, go three at the back etc etc...Sorry but dont give me this ######## that the Manager has an objective that makes clear sense.

Recently JFH has been a shambles in tactics.
                      I want Nasser to answer why he doesn't think the logical thing to have done was to put as everyone has stated instead.

Hall on, Onuoha to right back, Perch to left back.

Of course this could of all been preempted by not starting Robinson FFS!!!

Comment

As for this point, no doubt because you lot would have just complained that we brought on a centre back for a full back while we're losing instead of trying to be more attacking.

And for those saying Henry could play full back, believe it or not, he's only ever been recorded to have started as a right back once in his career. Same amount as Cousins.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I want Nasser to answer why he doesn't think the logical thing to have done was to put as everyone has stated instead.

Hall on, Onuoha to right back, Perch to left back.

Of course this could of all been preempted by not starting Robinson FFS!!!
                          Well, the objective of the manager yardy yar yar....

If Hall wasnt fit enough to play 30 mins then why even have him on the bench? Tactics dont make sense to me...

When that lineup was announced I should imagine 60-70% of fans who know the regular lineup and QPR squad info, would have though why the heck is he starting this game, given circumstances.

I am not saying Hall was fit to play 90 mins, but if he wasnt then why on earth would JR suddenly be? Sorry but Henry is a better solution to a full back than a half fit player or Cousins IMO.

To be clear...

Cousins is CM can do a job out wide at best
                          Pawel is RM could do a job at full back (possibly)
                          Luongo is a CM could do a job anywhere if required
                          Henry is a DM could do a job at the back
                          Ariel is DM and could do a job at the back

Play players in their best positions first is my view right now....

Comment

As for this point, no doubt because you lot would have just complained that we brought on a centre back for a full back while we're losing instead of trying to be more attacking.

And for those saying Henry could play full back, believe it or not, he's only ever been recorded to have started as a right back once in his career. Same amount as Cousins.
                            more ####ing stats, he played RB a few times last year for QPR and has previously played at RB under Harry I am almost sure. Once is a lie.... Anyway, he defensively more equipped being a DM that he is.

Anyway, bringing on Gladwin sums him up. Wrong time for that man right now, especially 2 down at home to Brentford.

Comment

Well, the objective of the manager yardy yar yar....

If Hall wasnt fit enough to play 30 mins then why even have him on the bench? Tactics dont make sense to me...

When that lineup was announced I should imagine 60-70% of fans who know the regular lineup and QPR squad info, would have though why the heck is he starting this game, given circumstances.

I am not saying Hall was fit to play 90 mins, but if he wasnt then why on earth would JR suddenly be? Sorry but Henry is a better solution to a full back than a half fit player or Cousins IMO.

To be clear...

Cousins is CM can do a job out wide at best
                              Pawel is RM could do a job at full back (possibly)
                              Luongo is a CM could do a job anywhere if required
                              Henry is a DM could do a job at the back
                              Ariel is DM and could do a job at the back

Play players in their best positions first is my view right now....
                              Why Henry though? Like, I'm genuinely confused? What did we want from that point in the match? I'm pretty sure we wanted to score 2 goals and win. Most likely those would have come from out wide, but with Henry playing at full back you lose two potential things 1) Pace 2) Energy. Those are the only two things we really needed in that position and who had that? Cousins.

Comment

more ####ing stats, he played RB a few times last year for QPR and has previously played at RB under Harry I am almost sure. Once is a lie.... Anyway, he defensively more equipped being a DM that he is.

Anyway, bringing on Gladwin sums him up. Wrong time for that man right now, especially 2 down at home to Brentford.
                                As much as I agree that Gladwin is cack, we have had a tendency to score more when he's on the pitch for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X