JFH wasting Washington's talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    What he needs is to be put back into a role he understands and for a decent man-manager to put an arm around. Probably exactly the same as Conor Washington needs to be honest!
    Have to agree.

Comment

Annoys me a bit to be honest.

Jury is still out on Washington at Championship level for me, but what is obvious to me is that he'd suit playing off a bigger man in a 2 man forward line. He definitely doesn't suit being the 1 up top and I think he is wasted on the wing. More annoying still is that we have the ideal "big man" to play next to him.

And don't get me started on signing a highly regarded, box-box central midfielder and playing him on the wing every week!
      Im with you tarbie, cant believe two ex strikers in jfhassleplank & les cant see this, we`ve got the ideal combos upfront but arent using them or giving them a good go before deciding there not good enough!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
        Final straw for me was Friday - When I thought team selection couldn't get anymore deluded enough.

He starts Robinson
        Moves Cousins to right back when Robinson goes off...
        And puts Gladwin on to try and get back into the game...

I mean CHRIST ALMIGHTY!! It's 4 days on and I'm still in disbelief.
        stick around it's going to get worse

Comment

I'd love to see how he looks when played in his natural position myself. Dunno about you?!!
          Did Cousins play in the middle with Henry when we got tonked 6-0 by Newcastle?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Pleased to say I missed that one mate and obviously didn't bother watching the extended highlights on Player!

Comment

he did indeed. Had the turning circle of a large bus that night.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Cousins played CM against Sunderland in the cup didn't he? Thought he played extremely well that game. Was all over the pitch probably because he had someone sitting in front of the defence for him.

Washington could make it in my opinion, however he has had quite a few glaring chances that a striker simply has to take. Whether that is a confidence issue I don't know. His two goals for us haven't been the most inspiring either. One in the cup where Chery could quite easily have put it in the net himself and one was a massive deflection. I hope he comes good though.
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Final straw for me was Friday - When I thought team selection couldn't get anymore deluded enough.

He starts Robinson
                  Moves Cousins to right back when Robinson goes off...
                  And puts Gladwin on to try and get back into the game...

I mean CHRIST ALMIGHTY!! It's 4 days on and I'm still in disbelief.
                  I wont boo players or the gaffer, I dont see the point personally, but it doesnt mean that I am not thinking that JFH is a tad 'clueless' right now...

I agree with WL above, this proves how mental the guy is right now...

Cousins the other week was brought straight back in and into the starting eleven after weeks out, thats madness in itself.

PLAY your best lineup based on players in their best POSSIBLE positions. I get JR was fooked, but surely playing Henry at RB was a better solution? Just like playing a winger out wide is better than Cousins out wide who continues to drift to the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                    PLAY your best lineup based on players in their best POSSIBLE positions. I get JR was fooked, but surely playing Henry at RB was a better solution? Just like playing a winger out wide is better than Cousins out wide who continues to drift to the middle.
                    Not sure putting Henry at LB would have been a better solution...way out of position.

Hamalainen at LB would have made sense.

Comment

Not sure putting Henry at LB would have been a better solution...way out of position.

Hamalainen at LB would have made sense.
                      This is reference to the Friday mess against the scum...

Perch went LB and Cousins went RB... Henry can actually play as a RB, was more my point.

Comment

Perch went LB and Cousins went RB... Henry can actually play as a RB, was more my point.
                        I know. He should have started with Hamalainen and brought Robinson on late for minutes leaving Perch at RB.

Comment

I know. He should have started with Hamalainen and brought Robinson on late for minutes leaving Perch at RB.
                          Yes, as said, why on earth he put a lad injured for so long straight into the starting eleven is beyond me, even more crazy that it was a Derby game. I guess Niko would have got roasted and we dont want to knock the kids confidence...???

Comment

I just can't see any logic in his team selection/tactics most of the time.

He's supposed to have got all of his coaching badges and played at the highest level, but I literally think some of us know more about setting a team up and tactics than him, upon recent evidence. And surely that shouldn't be the case?

Comment

I just can't see any logic in his team selection/tactics most of the time.

He's supposed to have got all of his coaching badges and played at the highest level, but I literally think some of us know more about setting a team up and tactics than him, upon recent evidence. And surely that shouldn't be the case?
                              I often wonder how the average man on the street would do if you gave him the managers job. I dunno, pick a successful Managing Director with an interest in football and see what happens. To an extent that's what Mark Warburton is. Retired from football young, had 20 successful years in business then went back to football in his 40's.

Let's be honest, most of these managers are only where they are off the back of their football careers. A lot of them ain't the sharpest tools!

Comment

If you just look at cousins' attributes as a player - his energy, movement, box to box style, you can see that he probably would make more sense when chasing a game than Henry as he can attack too from there. I know he drifts in but he didn't really do much of that when put there. Henry might play there more but he's a defensive option that won't do much for us offensively from full back and that's not what we needed.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X