No announcement yet.

JFH wasting Washington's talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ imagine the hate from the crowd if JFH had brought Henry on when we were losing!

Cousins bags of energy to get up and down and a solid tackler. Did he do a bad job when he was put to RB? No. In fact I'd say he did a better job than Perch did when he moved to LB.

That been said, Robinson should never have started. Gladwin should never have been brought on.

What also annoyed me was when we took Washington off, we started playing the long ball in behind their defence for Sylla to run on to! Washington is much faster than Sylla and all he's wanted since being here is for us to play like that so why take him off?
    My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

On topic... CW for me has shown he will give his all to be in the starting 11, he never stops running.

Yes the guy needs to score blaaaady goals for the team, but how can he when he's 1. playing out of position and 2. not being played to his best qualities e.g. With a supporting striker..

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
        On topic... CW for me has shown he will give his all to be in the starting 11, he never stops running.

Yes the guy needs to score blaaaady goals for the team, but how can he when he's 1. playing out of position and 2. not being played to his best qualities e.g. With a supporting striker..
        Exactly right.

How can you judge a player when he isn't being played in his natural and best position?

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
          Exactly right.

How can you judge a player when he isn't being played in his natural and best position?
          You cant, but I also cant blame the fans being irritated because of late the standard has not been good enough. I personally dont fault the players, I think they are trying and doing as told. CW being a great example.

Although because of this, I think its unfair to judge

Comment

The answer to this is simple though..

Play players in their best position first, we've seen this error for years. Cousins is a B-2-B midfielder and should sit in the middle with someone, sadly I wouldnt drop Luong so for me Cousin is on the bench.

Pawel is a winger and if Yeni was anywhere to be seen then they would both be playing outwide. (Not forgetting Mo)

Same goes for Connor, he's really a striker who needs someone with him as Chery isnt enough. Which is why its beyond me that him and Polter dont ever get the nod.
            Where the hell is Yeni by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Where the hell is Yeni by the way?
              Well he had a tough time losing his old man and hasnt been anywhere near fit, but crikey, its been a long time now since his last proper outing.

Comment

Not sure his talent amounts to all that much. Don't question his work rate though but we have Jamie Mackie for that.

Comment

I refuse to form a concrete opinion on Washington and pass judgement until he is not only given a consistent run in the team, but does so in his preferred position as part of a 2 man strikeforce.

Completely unfair to write him off until he has failed in his natural position, after a string of run outs, playing in a system that suits him.

Don't think for a second im comparing the 2 but imagine playing somebody like Defoe upfront on his own, lumping balls up top to him or sticking him out on the wing then saying he's shite?

As far as I can see, at the very minimum he's doing what's being asked of him and working hard in a formation and position he's not used to, at a standard he's never played in before and doing OK.

Comment

Originally posted by EssexR View Post
                    I refuse to form a concrete opinion on Washington and pass judgement until he is not only given a consistent run in the team, but does so in his preferred position as part of a 2 man strikeforce.

Completely unfair to write him off until he has failed in his natural position, after a string of run outs, playing in a system that suits him.

Don't think for a second im comparing the 2 but imagine playing somebody like Defoe upfront on his own, lumping balls up top to him or sticking him out on the wing then saying he's shite?

As far as I can see, at the very minimum he's doing what's being asked of him and working hard in a formation and position he's not used to, at a standard he's never played in before and doing OK.
                    I agree.

Comment

Well he had a tough time losing his old man and hasnt been anywhere near fit, but crikey, its been a long time now since his last proper outing.
                      Christ.......sounds like another Samba Diakite!

Terrible thing losing someone close like that but in the real world, you're back in work within a week aren't you?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Christ.......sounds like another Samba Diakite!

Terrible thing losing someone close like that but in the real world, you're back in work within a week aren't you?!!!
                        For record, I agree its been quite some time and I am not totally sure where he is at currently

I am not saying this makes a huge difference but, it sounded quite sudden and probably took him by surprise. Being only 24 it was probably a big shock to the system and being away from home even harder.

But yes, in some cases people are back quite quickly.

Comment

For record, I agree its been quite some time and I am not totally sure where he is at currently

I am not saying this makes a huge difference but, it sounded quite sudden and probably took him by surprise. Being only 24 it was probably a big shock to the system and being away from home even harder.

But yes, in some cases people are back quite quickly.
                          He's posted up on his instagram training videos. He got an injury in training when he returned from his personal leave and has been recovering since.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            He's posted up on his instagram training videos. He got an injury in training when he returned from his personal leave and has been recovering since.
                            Not been much news on him from the club.

Comment

Working...
                            X