No announcement yet.

Then and now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great time to be a fan and good players who played for the team. Gary Waddock at that time was a class act alongside Tony Currie and Clive Allen banging them in for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Gregory loved him and essentially offered him the club if he stayed and didn't go to Barca, but the prospect was too big. The rest, as they say, is history. Every month under Tel we progressed. Even with that f acking awful plastic pitch. His one big boo bo.

I loved that pitch 77, big Bob Hazell was king.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Remember tel on the pitch making the speech saying the rumours he was going to spurs were rubbish, if I remember right it was may bank holiday Monday v west brom.
        Me and my dad were delighted he came out onto the pitch to dismiss spurs rumour, next few days he had signed as barca manager!
        Really loved loftus road and rangers late 70's early eighties, looking back I know realise that was "my time" when I go know I still think of games back then and can remember where I was sitting or standing with my dad.
        Can reminis all we like, the current situation is poor but we live in hope!

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
          Remember tel on the pitch making the speech saying the rumours he was going to spurs were rubbish, if I remember right it was may bank holiday Monday v west brom.
          Me and my dad were delighted he came out onto the pitch to dismiss spurs rumour, next few days he had signed as barca manager!
          Really loved loftus road and rangers late 70's early eighties, looking back I know realise that was "my time" when I go know I still think of games back then and can remember where I was sitting or standing with my dad.
          Can reminis all we like, the current situation is poor but we live in hope!
          Old Jim took the Mike and announced "great news for fans, Terry Venables is staying at Rangers". The cab for Heathrow must have been waiting because the next time we saw Tel he was in the Nou Camp.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Old mans thread I can't contribute

I'm Not old enough
            Little acorns grow....

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
              [/B]I loved that pitch 77, big Bob Hazell was king.
              Loads did. Never took to it myself. Even if we had some good times on it. Remember how wonderful it was when the grass came back and Paul Parker made his debut.

Comment

Used to watch decent football being played on that pitch.

Comment

I'd rather go back.

Comment

Great times back then, & proper football being played, not like this rubbish nowadays, can see football losing alot of fans in time if teams keep persisting in 1 up top! also used to love the plastic pitch, made us forward thinking more than anyone else at the time & we had flair football should be about pairing strikers like the goddard/allen combo & exciting wingers, what we get these days is pathetic, soon with the scared to lose approach theyll be sticking 10 on the goal line to almost guarantee a draw its not what footballs about!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                    X