Only one goody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one goody

Chery for stopping play when their player fell screaming. Not a lotta players would have done that whilst losing.

Was fuming should have played on in my opinion the ref is in charge of the game if it needs stopping he has a whistle. Was another example of us lacking that killer edge and being too nice

Bizarrely although Chery ended up kicking ball out game started with us having free kick when ref never blew

Comment

Must admit I wasn't happy. Losing & advantage of a player down but on the other hand I get why he done it.

Comment

From memory when Hill went down at theirs clutching knee they played on

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Was fuming should have played on in my opinion the ref is in charge of the game if it needs stopping he has a whistle. Was another example of us lacking that killer edge and being too nice

Bizarrely although Chery ended up kicking ball out game started with us having free kick when ref never blew
          Yes that was a real head scratcher unless he had blown for a foul which might explain why Chery never did kick the ball in to touch!
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
            Yes that was a real head scratcher unless he had blown for a foul which might explain why Chery never did kick the ball in to touch!
            The ref had played advantage for a foul prior. When the guy went down, the ref kept the advantage going but Chery stopped playing to allow treatment, hence ref playing our free kick
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              The ref had played advantage for a foul prior. When the guy went down, the ref kept the advantage going but Chery stopped playing to allow treatment, hence ref playing our free kick
              That makes sense, I haven't looked at it again but the injury may have occurred on the foul where the advantage was played? Chery wasn't such a good guy lacking killer instinct after all then!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

That makes sense, I haven't looked at it again but the injury may have occurred on the foul where the advantage was played? Chery wasn't such a good guy lacking killer instinct after all then!
                  The foul happened before the pass was played to Chery and then when the ball reaches Chery, the guy next to him gets the injury and Chery stops the play, knowing that we have a free kick anyway but ensuring that the player gets the treatment he needs as soon as possible.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I was pissed off at the time but in hindsight he did the right things as the guy was in obvious pain and he probably realised straight away and heard something.

Comment

Wouldnt of made any diiference if he hadnt stopped and all players do it anyway. Confused.

Comment

Aw you wicked man

Comment

It's just a game, though, and if he needs treatment urgently, then that's more important IMO.
                          You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Turns out the Brentford player had done his knee ligaments. More often than not players will play on u less they realise straight away it's a bad one. Fair play to chery

Comment

Working...
                            X