• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moyes

He is history

Hasn't done very well there has he?

Comment

They havent done well but thruthfully they have been lucky for a few seasons, this seasons villa. They couldnt be kept up forever, just not good enough. Their squad is poor and they just arent premiership standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
        Hasn't done very well there has he?
        Would you swop positions with Sunderland

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          No, but I'd swap managers.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            No, but I'd swap managers.
            Funnily enough if it was a choice between Martinez and Moyes I'd go for the former.

I always thought Moyes was massively over rated while still at Everton.

Comment

Sunderland remind me of a bigger version of us. Something rotten at the club that cant be fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Good question. Probably not. I like the basic idea of what the club is trying to achieve - i.e build something sustainable for the long-term. And to be honest, I don't mind being in the Championship. The Premier league is a circus and whilst some think it's the holy grail, I think it's a load of over-hyped ########. On the other hand, I would love to see us playing the kind of swashbuckling football we played under Colin ( I use that name affectionately), but then we had one Adel Taarabt at his mesmerising best during his tenure. Right now, things have become very basic. a bit too basic for my liking. I think we may have gone too far down the 'hair-shirt' road in terms of economy at the expense of flair. And unfortunately our manager is not proving to be as astute as we'd hoped.

Comment

Good question. Probably not. I like the basic idea of what the club is trying to achieve - i.e build something sustainable for the long-term. And to be honest, I don't mind being in the Championship. The Premier league is a circus and whilst some think it's the holy grail, I think it's a load of over-hyped ########. On the other hand, I would love to see us playing the kind of swashbuckling football we played under Colin ( I use that name affectionately), but then we had one Adel Taarabt at his mesmerising best during his tenure. Right now, things have become very basic. a bit too basic for my liking. I think we may have gone too far down the 'hair-shirt' road in terms of economy at the expense of flair. And unfortunately our manager is not proving to be as astute as we'd hoped.
                  Pretty much sums up how I'm thinking.

It's strange but I think there are loads of football fans in the championship and below thinking the same " we want success but not really that bothered about the premiership".

Comment

It's very easy to be cynical about the prem, there's a lot I hate about it.

But equally there has been some magical football on offer in recent times (as recent as yesterday) and I think all football clubs at all levels should aspire to entertain.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      It's very easy to be cynical about the prem, there's a lot I hate about it.

But equally there has been some magical football on offer in recent times (as recent as yesterday) and I think all football clubs at all levels should aspire to entertain.
                      Totally agree Hal, but you can be entertained and see magical football in the lower leagues as well. Maybe not as much, I grant you! But how about our promotion season under Warnock? That was magical. And then for the sheer joy of belonging, the best years under Olly. It doesn't have to be about being in the top league.

Comment

Totally agree Hal, but you can be entertained and see magical football in the lower leagues as well. Maybe not as much, I grant you! But how about our promotion season under Warnock? That was magical. And then for the sheer joy of belonging, the best years under Olly. It doesn't have to be about being in the top league.
                        Nothing at all wrong with the Championship as such. As you say, the football was very enjoyable in 2010/11.

Unfortunately, it is suffering from an acute lack of talent as do the leagues below it. I guess that all the while the PL squads are stuffed full of players earning upwards of £20k per week who have little chance of making the bench, let alone the first team, things won't be changing that much.

Comment

He looks a bit like my father in law.
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

A dour Scottish has been, needs to start afresh in lower league football, not a PL manager anymore.
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                            X