Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    But that was not your point
    Yes mate, I said 'organises'. He clearly doesn't or some of your original points would be addressed.

Comment

Excellent OP Wests. Bang on in all your points.

Comment

If you set up a team that provides no cover for LB and LB and no width for most of the match, then the oppo will play one two's around and into space which is what happened last night.

There were large open spaces last night as we made them as we were so narrow and they had the space to play.
        Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Not sure they are thick, but they clearly need an experienced coach and a leader in the middle of the park. Most likely we should never have sold Barton and Faurlin.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Agree about Henry but most of the internet desnt like him or want him to play so he doesnt play anymore.

Comment

if u can't play football then u need to learn to stop the opposition , man mark , get in their shorts not sit back and let them play nifty triangles round you . we lack game awareness as well as heart and aggression. i see it in glimpses but we don't work hard enough off the ball . every time sylla lost the ball last night he gave up , at least make it hard for the fella that tackles you ! give up like sylla does and eventually you'll start moaning at refs and just become ineffective like he did for most of last night .

Comment

Stupid, thick or just plain lazy all could be labelled at them. We are missing Hill and Faurlin massively imo
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Not thick but certainly confused... The constant tinkering and whistling from the sideline from both jfh and hid sidekick ..put the players in their right position ..pick a system and stick to it for more than a game at a time...bad choices every step of the way.

Comment

For me the blame lies solely with the manager.

He sets us up, he tells the players what he wants them to do when we have the ball and when we don't.

And when it's not working, like on Friday night and the opposition begin to run rings round you, your confidence drains.

I agree at times the players need to think on their heels but the message is obviously clear from the manager "play my way or you won't play at all".

We do lack leaders, that's clear to see, but we also lack a direction because when you watch us thee is no pattern of play at all.

I can honestly see this continuing all season, win 1 lose 1 draw 1 lose 2 win 1 and LF giving JFH as much time as possible to get it right.

It's a mess

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      Most likely we should never have sold Barton and Faurlin.
                      Nah ain't having Barton.

Runs around a lot but does naff all more.

Much more trouble than he's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
                        If you set up a team that provides no cover for LB and LB and no width for most of the match, then the oppo will play one two's around and into space which is what happened last night.

There were large open spaces last night as we made them as we were so narrow and they had the space to play.
                        I agree with that 100%

F in shame our great manager didn't see it

Comment

I've said for ages that this clown is clueless. He sets them up and is supposed to get the players to buy into his theories. The players don't know what he wants them to do and/or don't believe what he's asking for them.

The original poster is right though. The players need to show football intelligence of their own. If you're a pro, reading the game and understanding it thoroughly is the most important requirement. When I've run sides and when I play vets football now I would rather have or be a player who isn't as fit but reads the game well. We have professional footballers earning a good living out of playing and they struggle with the most important aspect.

We need a Warnock type man manager who get the best out of the players but also a manager who quickly understands who his best players are and in what positions. Now here's the key bit: If your 8th best player happens to be your 3rd best centre mid and you're playing 442 then your 8th best player needs to be sub. This is the biggest issue for us and has been for years.

Comment

A recurring theme is how quickly other teams manage to go from defence to attack against us ..they cut through our midfield like a knife through butter...our build up play is so ponderous and obvious we very rarely counter attack with speed. It seems that all of our players need at least 3 touches of of the ball every time it comes to them - chery is the biggest culprit of this. the opposition work us out too easily.

Comment

Just don't have enough Championship standard players to make a decent first XI.

Comment

the space we gave Brentford in the middle and on the right was shocking. The result was obvious after 10 minutes. Players have responsibility but it's the manager that needs to react to the situation
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X