No announcement yet.

Where's Stato?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we are all rightfully p!ssed off currently.
    Normally I can always see a glint of light in the worse circumstances, but after today, I find myself unable to place any positive spin on what we all just experienced.

But digging out a fellow fan, because he can sometimes put his own positive spin on what many find unacceptable, is not the way to go.
    Back in the day, pre internet/social media etc. There was always infighting between Rangers fans; I can even remember it kicking off at a junior F.A. cup midweeker versus Manure between Rangers fans.

Give the guy a break; he attends many games & is a regular on here; love or hate what he posts, he is still a Rangers fan & I am sure he is hurting just as much as the rest of us.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I personally enjoy a lot of what Nass posts and often agree with him, of course sometimes I don't. But just from.hearing tonight there.are others who.are just as positive as him. A few guys sat around me were all saying we are really close to.being a good side and we could have got a result tonight with a bit of luck. I personally disagree and think Smithies kept us in it and it wasn't till.Syllas header that we got close to goal.

Comment

With all due respect we are a million miles away from being a decent side.

Comment

Yeah jumping on nasser is a bit harsh, i do agree that when he defends jfh and the team hes just clutching at straws but hey its his choice and it makes him happy, he has a right to say and believe whatever he wants about the club just as we all do.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            With all due respect we are a million miles away from being a decent side.
            I'm not so sure.
            I believe the choking tactics that are being implemented are restricting our flow. Would be interesting to see this current side play under a more attack minded manager.
            Work Best When Open...
            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
              I'm not so sure.
              I believe the choking tactics that are being implemented are restricting our flow. Would be interesting to see this current side play under a more attack minded manager.
              David McIntyre said it is supposed to be attacking and free flowing just it isnt working. He seems.to want JFH out too.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                David McIntyre said it is supposed to be attacking and free flowing just it isnt working. He seems.to want JFH out too.
                I don't think I have ever called for one of our managers to be sacked in almost 50 years of following us. Also, I rarely ever agree with Dave Mc; I think I am close to breaking 2 life long traditions.
                Work Best When Open...
                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  Sorry awin. Shouldn't be having a pop at you mate. To say I'm p!ssed off would be an understatement. Sorry geezer.
                  No probs fella... I think we are all a bit pi$$ed off

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                    What is everyones' beef with Nasser?

Many that dig him out say this forum is to express different opinions - all welcome.

Also the weird sadomasochistic delight in having a pop at other fans when we lose.

Bloody bloody odd.
                    I agree. Needlessly personal and nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      I agree. Needlessly personal and nasty.
                      Trouble is it's not just his stats but the often condescending and know-it-all tone to his posts that wind people up, especially being that he's about half the age of many posters here - so to a large extent he brings it all on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Trouble is it's not just his stats but the often condescending and know-it-all tone to his posts that wind people up, especially being that he's about half the age of many posters here - so to a certain extent he brings it all on himself.
                        Modern football (outside of the top 6) is moving towards a moneyball philosophy. This means using stats to primarily source players, in fact Brentford openly acknowledge using the system.

Nasser being younger and having grown up with modern football also subscribes to this and in many respects I do agree with him. Maybe youth also brings a self confidence that others read as precocious but I would bet everyone in their own youth had that same personal feeling of indestructibility and utter self assuredness.

Comment

Modern football (outside of the top 6) is moving towards a moneyball philosophy. This means using stats to primarily source players, in fact Brentford openly acknowledge using the system.

Nasser being younger and having grown up with modern football also subscribes to this and in many respects I do agree with him. Maybe youth also brings a self confidence that others read as precocious but I would bet everyone in their own youth had that same personal feeling of indestructibility and utter self assuredness.
                          I agree to a certain extent Awin, but unfortunately in Nasser's case I feel it often spills over into patronising posts and a seeming incapability to accept / respect that others may hold a different view, due to a lack of humility that will probably only come with age and life-experience.

Comment

Agree with Stan 100%

I'm the first to admit my attitude stinks at times & I can be an ignorant pig but Nasser just rubs people up the wrong way.

Comment

The problem isn't the stats. The problem is the massive levels of denial despite the evidence in front of us on the park, and to be fair to Naz he is not alone in his delusions - and I mean that respectfully, because it stems from the desire we all have for the club to do well. Far more worrying is the fact TF and Les also occupy the same alternative universe.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                The problem isn't the stats. The problem is the massive levels of denial despite the evidence in front of us on the park, and to be fair to Naz he is not alone in his delusions - and I mean that respectfully, because it stems from the desire we all have for the club to do well. Far more worrying is the fact TF and Les also occupy the same alternative universe.
                                But surely for someone so heavily into their stats, it should make them more objective, not less?

Comment

Working...
                                X