• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrasso signs new 2 year deal

Youngster pens contract which will keep him at QPR until 2018

Michael Petrasso commits future to the club
    Canadian international has signed contract until 2018
    Winger now targetting regular place in R's first team
    MICHAEL Petrasso has committed his future to QPR by signing a one-year contract extension, which will keep him at Loftus Road until the summer of 2018.

The 21-year-old has already been with the club for five years, and he was delighted to extend his stay in west London.

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...DpRFUCmFMhA.99

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...-3384709.aspx?

Good news. Now gotta hope he gets more first team opportunities.

Comment

Got to be the way forward imo, bring up your own and nurture rather than splashing the cash and failing with mercenaries
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Good news. Has he been injured as I haven't seen him mentioned in the reserves nor involved in matchday squads

Comment

Ok just read the article which says he has been injured

Comment

Don't get me wrong it's great to give a player a chance that has been through our youth teams but he isn't a patch on holliet, yet most think he's sh it so very ironic
            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Don't get me wrong it's great to give a player a chance that has been through our youth teams but he isn't a patch on holliet, yet most think he's sh it so very ironic
              What makes you say he isn't a patch on Hoilett. Comparison: Hoilett - 26 years old, high wage demands, limited end product; Petrasso - 21 years old, very low wages, looked decent when used and supposed to have been the standout talent from our youth sides. To me, it's clear which I'd rather give a chance.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Also, just read the article and seen this bit -

“When you see your friends playing, it’s like a tease,” said Petrasso, who has amassed ten first-team outings to date.

“I feel like we have a gaffer who has faith in youngsters. You can see it in training – boys from the Under 23s often get called over to train with the first-team, and he watches them and is always giving advice.

“The manager has a genuine interest in developing his players, which is a great thing to have at the club because it encourages players to stay.

“He likes to give youngsters the chance – and you can see with the players this season, that they have made the most of those opportunities and earned the right to play for the first team.

“I am focused on getting back fit and then earning a regular spot in the first team. That has to be my aim now. Playing for QPR is my goal.”
                Quite nice to see that there's no actual separation between the under 23's and first team. If you're good enough, you're given a chance to impress. Just giving a few debuts has given everyone else an impetus to succeed and that's always a good thing.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Well done, nice to hear.

Comment

Yeah i was always impressed with petrasso, bit of a silver lining finding out hes injured and not just out of jimmys plans. good player, already a canada international and hopefully has a good future ahead of him

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Trolling at it's finest!

How can you compare Petrasso - a player who has come through our youth system, worked hard to make the first team and happy with modest wages with Hoilett - a money grabbing mercenary who put us over a barrel when we signed him and has barely put in a solid days graft since?!!!

Comment

Good player, and good news for QPR.

Comment

Working...
                        X