Sir Les: "We must be patient"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
    Patience and QPR fans do not go together at all. I'm sure some on here would have us splashing the cash yet again in the hopes of a quick fix and then wonder what went wrong.
    Les is correct. But he'll get slated for it.
    Can't please QPR fans.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I'm sorry but this has to be said.

At the start of the season, Dof Les was asked, "WHAT IS YOUR TARGET FOR THIS SEASON". Les's response was a "TOP 6-8 FINISH AND ANYTHING ELSE WILL BE REGARDED AS A FALIURE".

Now with the continuing rot being served up and fans voting with their feet in their droves, Dof Les now come's out and says "we must be patiant". "WE ARE BACKING JIMMY FOR THE LONG HAUL"

So, has Dof Les moved the goal posts or does he still expect a top 8 finish?

My guess is that he is protecting his own job and has to back ole jimmy and his jogging ways and cannot be seen to sack another coach who he picked and signed.

I'm sorry but i refuse to pay £32 adult ticket along with £14 child ticket plus train fares, food, programs etc to sit there tomorrow night and have my son be bored to effing tears.

until we change our playing style, I'm done with this expense, and I'm sure thousands of others will be too.

oh and before someone pipes up on here with some dig. i have been going since 86, so i have paid my dues to have this opinion and view.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

"We started the season well and everyone was optimistic and enthused by that, but unfortunately there has been a downturn in performances," Ferdinand added.

This isn't exactly an endorsement.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
          So, has Dof Les moved the goal posts
          Well that wouldn't be a first for him as DoF, would it. Remember he fired Ramsey because of the stated target of reaching last season's play-offs, and replaced him with JFH because he believed he was the man to achieve that.

Comment

Not sure how long Fernandes and Co are in it for on the sporting front as once the parachute payments go what happens then? 300 million spunked and in a worse position on and off the pitch before he took over.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Not sure how long Fernandes and Co are in it for on the sporting front as once the parachute payments go what happens then? 300 million spunked and in a worse position on and off the pitch before he took over.
              FFS only at QPR.....

Comment

We need to be patient? We are a patient!

Comment

At the start of the season, Dof Les was asked, "WHAT IS YOUR TARGET FOR THIS SEASON". Les's response was a "TOP 6-8 FINISH AND ANYTHING ELSE WILL BE REGARDED AS A FALIURE".

Now with the continuing rot being served up and fans voting with their feet in their droves, Dof Les now come's out and says "we must be patiant". "WE ARE BACKING JIMMY FOR THE LONG HAUL"

My guess is that he is protecting his own job and has to back ole jimmy and his jogging ways and cannot be seen to sack another coach who he picked and signed.

I'm sorry but i refuse to pay £32 adult ticket along with £14 child ticket plus train fares, food, programs etc to sit there tomorrow night and have my son be bored to effing tears.

until we change our playing style, I'm done with this expense, and I'm sure thousands of others will be too.

oh and before someone pipes up on here with some dig. i have been going since 86, so i have paid my dues to have this opinion and view.
                  Well said.
                  I can take not being in the top 6, I can take not spending large sums of money etc, but I can't and won't accept the dross JFH is serving up on a weekly basis.

Apart from the 1at 3 games, where 4 pens were awarded to QPR, the team have scored a solitary goal or less in all the other 11 league games bar the win at Fulham.
                  The football on the pitch is dull and driving fans away.
                  When have we read or heard a comment from commentators, pundits or journalists saying 'QPR are playing some good football'?

I have heard this said about a number of other teams this season including Fulham Leeds Barnsley Bristol City etc.

QPR have traditionally been known to play good football, but under this boring head coach, it is clearly an unknown quantity.

Comment

We aren't far off top 8 at the moment are we? 3points last time I checked
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Agree people go to watch this dire football with their hard earned cash to watch the c*ap that is dished up by players who are on good money, and also the management that has brought in some dire players, all LF is saying is I'm trying to protect mine and JFH's job.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                        We aren't far off top 8 at the moment are we? 3points last time I checked
                        I have seen far worse than this.
                        Seems a fair few on here enjoy making it seem worse than it is. Lots of good stuff going on at the club at the moment. I agree the football is not that entertaining but it has been far worse at the club than this.
                        No wonder there aren't many posts on here these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                          Patience and QPR fans do not go together at all.
                          How much patience? How much time?

In terms of the modern game the patience shown has been exemplary, to the point where the chairman is prepared to back the manager despite the fact that the outcome of a police inquiry involving the latter remains pending.

Comment

Remember this QPR connection :

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                              Remember this QPR connection :

Shabazz Baidoo... what a guy
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                                How much patience? How much time?

In terms of the modern game the patience shown has been exemplary, to the point where the chairman is prepared to back the manager despite the fact that the outcome of a police inquiry involving the latter remains pending.
                                We have had almost 12 months of dire football, a lack of goals and plenty of draws, so just how patient do we have to be?

Comment

Working...
                                X