Away support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Away support

I am on a massive forum which is mixed, and our away support is getting a lot of stick as we arent overly noisey and we basically sit on our hands. Do you think that there is anything we can do to make it so everyone turns up to make a lot of noise and have fun?

I know that a lot will say if we play better etc, but an away day is about being on someone elses turf and outsinging the home fans and having fun, the football in a bonus (in my mind). Our support can be good, but more often than not it isnt very vocal and we get out sung.

Any ideas?!

You're right, but it does ultimately boil down to the performance & chances we create, which are both lacking right now.

I think people on the whole are just fed up to the back teeth of he way we play. You've only got to see the comments from people like isleworth Ranger who goes to every game home and away who says it's as boring as ever on the pitch at away games.

Would be hard to whip up a good atmosphere watching crap football IMO.

Comment

But then you look at Leeds as an example when they come to QPR. They have been in decline for years, get charged more than what we charge yet turn up in numbers and just have fun. Same with a lot of teams this year.

Comment

Not being funny mate. We have an ok away following, not so good this year mind, but cannot compare us to Leeds Utd.

They have always brought thousands upon thousands away from home so will naturally be louder. Didn't someone put up a table last week and we were second bottom for away following? That's shocking with some of the clubs in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Didn't someone put up a table last week and we were second bottom for away following? That's shocking with some of the clubs in this division.
          I think the whole thing re our support is that the club as it is being run is no longer representative of its supporters as a whole.

It's not always easy to care about us when we don't play football and the club is run by someone (TF) who has only distinguished himself in sport by mismanagement.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
            Not being funny mate. We have an ok away following, not so good this year mind, but cannot compare us to Leeds Utd.

They have always brought thousands upon thousands away from home so will naturally be louder. Didn't someone put up a table last week and we were second bottom for away following? That's shocking with some of the clubs in this division.
            Sorry, my point was the noise that they make not the numbers that the take. Only Newcastle, Villa or Wednesday get close to them. I was purely talking about the noise, the fun element of an away day.

As you say, the football is boring so why not have fun in the stands while the football is boring. Different at home, but away I think the QPR fans can come together and improve this?

Comment

I got what you meant mate but what I'm saying is if you bring 4,000-5,000 away a game you're going to get more singers than if you bring 800-1000 away like we do.

I have great away days but like most said, it's hard to get excited when you're watching crap.

Comment

Im honestly surprised and totally amazed that any person at all goes home or away.
                Surely there will be a day that will soon come where absolutley nobody turns up? (And no not cos of a strike started on here either, just cos things are so bad and apathy sets in)

Comment

an away day anywhere costs a fair bit of wedge, i think us fans are getting sick of wasting money that could be spent
                  on other things

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                    an away day anywhere costs a fair bit of wedge, i think us fans are getting sick of wasting money that could be spent
                    on other things
                    Win rate hasnt been to bad on the road (fourth best in the divison isnt it.), its the managers clueless clowness thats making the money spent a waste isnt it?
                    I remember the song 'we never win away' was our theme tune.
                    Even the wins are dross and aint good enough and everyone goes home with a win and three points in the bag but still miserable and the feeling they have spunked their dough?
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 25-10-2016, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Im honestly surprised and totally amazed that any person at all goes home or away.
                      Surely there will be a day that will soon come where absolutley nobody turns up? (And no not cos of a strike started on here either, just cos things are so bad and apathy sets in)
                      Very funny, I don't think anyone understands your sense of Humour,

get yourselves to Forest next week to see our 1st win there, we've got a coach going from Northolt jump on it and make some noise.

Comment

Strange performances on the road this season, certainly a few where we've had to dig in and grind out the wins we've had.

Went to Wednesday, which was a nothing game really, where we weren't great but weren't overly poor. Same for Wigan earlier in season, and we got the win!

Off to Forest next week so hopefully we grind out another win on the road, although our record there is terrible!

Comment

if you're a youngster and go away with your mates it can be a great day out , i've some great photos /memories from the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            if you're a youngster and go away with your mates it can be a great day out , i've some great photos /memories from the 80's
                            That is the thing, I dont think I would go away with mates now. I would, I use to love going away to the likes of Luton, Southend etc but now I think we all just sit in silence and it isnt fun. So when you are sitting in silence, then watching a boring game its a rubbish day out.

If we were singing, standing and chanting I would be able to convince people to come regardless of the level of football on show.

Comment

Working...
                            X