Gets no better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gets no better

I haven't been compiling every result of our U21 U23 youth etc etc, but it does appear to me that we are being beaten all over the place, sometimes humiliatingly so ..

This must somewhat tie in with the first team as to where we're heading ... surely doesn't bode well ..

Originally posted by skranger View Post
    I haven't been compiling every result of our U21 U23 youth etc etc, but it does appear to me that we are being beaten all over the place, sometimes humiliatingly so ..

This must somewhat tie in with the first team as to where we're heading ... surely doesn't bode well ..
    Is the coach for the youth squads appointed by JFH?

Comment

We've had 4-5 come through to the first team in the past 2 seasons which is 4-5 more than we've had in the past 20 years or so. This is the only factor it needs to be judged on.

Our youth set up and structure is actually very good right now, I know a couple of people connected to that world and they say we have some very good kids coming through but obviously they wont be ready to step by the weekend! Long term really is the key word here!

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        Is the coach for the youth squads appointed by JFH?
        No. LF.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          We've had 4-5 come through to the first team in the past 2 seasons which is 4-5 more than we've had in the past 20 years or so. This is the only factor it needs to be judged on.
          ...results not so important

Comment

Is Ramsey involved with the youth set up now?

If so I'm confident we will reap the rewards in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
              Is Ramsey involved with the youth set up now?

If so I'm confident we will reap the rewards in the future.
              More than involved. He's head of the academy.

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                If they were winning comfortably every game, how long before someone would put a thread about playing them all every week?

Results are irrelevant, the development of the player is key. Only have to look at Raheem Sterling - came out of our youth teams when the system was worse than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                  More than involved. He's head of the academy.
                  Surely that's a good thing. His record bringing kids through at Spurs was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    Surely that's a good thing. His record bringing kids through at Spurs was excellent.
                    Completely agree Dave.

It's true that winning breeds confidence, but at this level it's not the be all and end all. The main thing is player development.

Comment

We will know when there is a good player in our academy. All scouts will flee from around England to get him signed for a 'bigger' club!

Comment

OP makes a good point. Sure we've all noticed it but no idea whether these results genuinely matter. I guess results is young players in first team rather than results of youth teams themselves?

Comment

I dont see how we can say results don't matter ... I must be missing something here then ..

yes it's all important about bringing players through but results don't matter ???... really ,,,

Tell that to all the teams on a Sunday playing in marshlands around the country that results don't matter - I must see the game differently ..

And success on the field breeds confidence and would assist in those players coming on and hopefully reaching their full potential

Getting hammered week In week out certainly doesn't IMO

Comment

I'm wondering if there's anything else we can moan about on here, there really aren't enough negative posts about the club for my liking. We've done the coach, DoF, CEO, chairman, first team, youth team, physios, media team, new stadium, current stadium, stewards, kit man, atmosphere, home support, away support... Have we done the catering recently? That's crap generally.. there's got to be something else?

Comment

Tottenham's development squad has lost 6 games, won 2 and is 2nd from bottom in the Premier League 2.

They are also, arguably, producing some of the best young talent in the country.

Results do matter to players, everyone who competes wants to win but I would imagine coaches don't place too much emphasis on the result and rather focus on the players individual development.

Comment

Working...
                              X