Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JFH: side is 'jogging' as he plans to build on Sheff Wed defeat + more quotes today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFH: side is 'jogging' as he plans to build on Sheff Wed defeat + more quotes today..

Hasselbaink said:

"We should have been more cute - and we must get better at that. But I'm happy with the performance and the boys did the well.

We are trying to get toward the top of the table (where Sheff Wed are) - and yes there is a difference. They have the squad they had last year. If you look at the Sheffield players that play today - all but one of them were in the play-of final and that gives you continuity.

Today was a big test - and we did well. That's our aim to be up there. First we have to walk, then run and then sprint - and at the moment we are at the jogging stage."

Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...ging-12065055?

Everything there is correct. We're doing it now, most of our players are around the same age and will peak at the same time, bar one or 2. Those can be slowly replaced over time so as not to shock the system and we'll end up with a great side long run I feel.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I don't disagree with JFH on this. But is he the man to get the best out of this squad? That is the problem.

1-0 defeat at Wednesday isn't good but its no disaster.

Comment

They have the squad they had last year. If you look at the Sheffield players that play today - all but one of them were in the play-off final and that gives you continuity.
        He's a man with a plan talking sense, the least we can do is back him and give him the time. The club will, so we should accept it too.

Comment

I think this comment from the reporter is more suitable
          "The Rs head coach might have also suggested smarter, clinical, more cutting edge or any of a number of terms that summed up a disappointing day in a 1-0 defeat."

Comment

Should we never get beat then ? It's a game win some lose some , 1_0 away at wednesday terrible terrible I'm going into a darkened room for the weekend I can't face the world we've got beat

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Should we never get beat then ? It's a game win some lose some , 1_0 away at wednesday terrible terrible I'm going into a darkened room for the weekend I can't face the world we've got beat
              That is not the point. It is more how we got beat. From the fans who travelled to Wednesday the main comment was that once we went down, the manager had no idea how to change things and it just went downhill from then.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                That is not the point. It is more how we got beat. From the fans who travelled to Wednesday the main comment was that once we went down, the manager had no idea how to change things and it just went downhill from then.
                Same as all the other dire performances seems to be the general consensus.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                  Oh so no credit given to a good Wednesday side for ramming home their advantage once they got in front we had a good 1st half But wasn't good enough over he 90 minutes due to Wednesdays superior Settlement as a side that made ONE change from a play off final

Comment

Turned into a really miserable poster recently Jane you used to be very upbeat

Comment

Interesting to see if he is ultra defensive against the mighty Bees!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        No not just her Westy looking for reasons to criticise becomes infectious from the regulars

Comment

I think we're more "waddling" than "jogging"

Comment

When the manager thinks we have started to run let me know otherwise wont bother wasting 3 tickets and travel to an away game, Warnock has got his players to "Run: in two weeks and whilst i understand the development of the team takes time JFH has had 8 months and the team are still playing crap football
                            The future's Amit the futures not orange

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              I was just commenting on what the fans who actually saw the game were saying. I was very upbeat until the sleazebag arrived.

Comment

Working...
                              X