Why I think JFH is doing a good job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Pinkie JFHs football has been dross can't argue against that but it's a bit harsh to blame him for being happy to be a mid table plan that was decided before he got to the club he is
    Trying to blend a large group of new comers into squad of championship players , so here I go AGAIN dont just heap it all on the manager look a bit higher to take a fair share
    But thinking about it dogs in a way it is, as hes so negative hes not giving it a proper go, which would instill more confidence in the players with a few good results and the fans, so.....
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
      I'm all for building a base more solid that what came before, but does that reconstruction project have to be so stubbornly and competitively boring?
      No it certainly doesn't - because it doesn't account for the fans being the lifeblood of the club, who shouldn't have to tolerate that when loyally following their team home and away. There appears a direct correlation between this and the reduced attendances this season - further compounded by the ill-advised and PR disaster or the 'make some noise' campaign. Moreover, the current style of play (whatever that is) is in complete contradiction to the historical style and ethos of QPR FC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        But thinking about it dogs in a way it is, as hes so negative hes not giving it a proper go, which would instill more confidence in the players with a few good results and the fans, so.....
        Yes but before we jump in and blame the manager , he didn't sign the players we have so many that came in in less than two years you have to think either he can't get through to the players or the players don't take in what's their job , that's why I say L F has over done it with so many young players when we needed a few older british based players to give a bit of guidance for the short medium time

Comment

Of course he is giving it a go...no point playing a competitive game if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            No it certainly doesn't - because it doesn't account for the fans being the lifeblood of the club, who shouldn't have to tolerate that when loyally following their team home and away. There appears a direct correlation between this and the reduced attendances this season - further compounded by the ill-advised and PR disaster or the 'make some noise' campaign. Moreover, the current style of play (whatever that is) is in complete contradiction to the historical style and ethos of QPR FC.
            That's it in a nutshell Stan

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              Burnley stayed mid table championship for a long time...
              Norwich went down in 2005 and stayed in the lower leagues for 6 years before getting back into the prem.
              Palace failed miserably when they went up in 2004 and it took them 8 years to build the club back up to be a stable side capable of getting into the prem.
              West Brom spent 10 of the last 14 seasons in the prem... not sure how they're comparable to us.

These are literally the worst comparisons you could come up with and at the same time, they're the best you could come up with because they prove that it takes time to build the correct work ethic to succeed long term. That begins with putting faith in a young manager with little experience.... you know, like how Sean Dyche had one season's experience managing - guiding a very good Watford side to a very average mid table championship finish, before being taken on by Burnley. But he was such an exceptional manager and isn't remotely comparable to the fool running us who had... 2... seasons and a half experience including guiding a very average league 2 side to league 1 before guiding that same side to the top of League 1...
              speaking of BAD comparisons does " Luongo & iniesta " ring any bells?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                Yes but before we jump in and blame the manager , he didn't sign the players we have so many that came in in less than two years you have to think either he can't get through to the players or the players don't take in what's their job , that's why I say L F has over done it with so many young players when we needed a few older british based players to give a bit of guidance for the short medium time

Yeah agree mate that the balance is wrong as need a shaun derry type or two, a few older heads simular to our championship winning team!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Of course he is giving it a go...no point playing a competitive game if you don't.

Sorry mush youre right, hes playing some cracking attacking football and giving it our all! which hes not hence hes not giving it a proper go!

Comment

Yeah agree mate that the balance is wrong as need a shaun derry type or two, a few older heads simular to our championship winning team!
                    Yeah I was hoping Lynch would be another Nelson and if we couldn't find another Derry then that makes letting Faulin go is even more stupid

Comment

The problem as I see it, is the high expectations of the fans. Because we were in the Premier, everyone is expecting us that we return quickly. This maybe made sense when money was splashed out on proven players. However, that came at a cost, a cost that our club can no longer spend as it is not sustainable. We are still heads on with the FA on the FFP and the fans pretend that the club spends millions to win promotion? After all, if the club is not run by someone like TF, who is ready to splash the cash, we will not be able to do so and will go back to those fifteen years we spent away from the Premier, with all the financial problems that followed. What the club is doing is right and in the long term we may reap the benefits. I am not expecting us to win promotion, but consolidate our situation. JFH may not be so popular atm, however, few managers that started in the lower divisions with their hands hold tight on budgeting, managed to be a hit straight away. Looking at B'mouth and the brilliant E.Howe in envy. But he took his time. Maybe I am wrong, but does EH been more then ten years with Bournemouth? He put the foundations properly and if you buy the right players, from lower leagues that is, things will start to fall into place.
                      We spent five years spending money that we did not have; firing one Manager after the other; bought some of the most established players in European and Premier football.......but what we achieved? Were are the foundations; How much did it cost us? Can go on like that?
                      ;

Comment

Sorry mush youre right, hes playing some cracking attacking football and giving it our all! which hes not hence hes not giving it a proper go!
                        The players are trying to win games.- The fact they are bang average and make wrong choices or poor passes in the final thirrd doesn't mean they aren't giving it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          The problem as I see it, is the high expectations of the fans. Because we were in the Premier, everyone is expecting us that we return quickly. This maybe made sense when money was splashed out on proven players. However, that came at a cost, a cost that our club can no longer spend as it is not sustainable. We are still heads on with the FA on the FFP and the fans pretend that the club spends millions to win promotion? After all, if the club is not run by someone like TF, who is ready to splash the cash, we will not be able to do so and will go back to those fifteen years we spent away from the Premier, with all the financial problems that followed. What the club is doing is right and in the long term we may reap the benefits. I am not expecting us to win promotion, but consolidate our situation. JFH may not be so popular atm, however, few managers that started in the lower divisions with their hands hold tight on budgeting, managed to be a hit straight away. Looking at B'mouth and the brilliant E.Howe in envy. But he took his time. Maybe I am wrong, but does EH been more then ten years with Bournemouth? He put the foundations properly and if you buy the right players, from lower leagues that is, things will start to fall into place.
                          We spent five years spending money that we did not have; firing one Manager after the other; bought some of the most established players in European and Premier football.......but what we achieved? Were are the foundations; How much did it cost us? Can go on like that?
                          ;
                          His first year as manager he secured promotion to the first division at Bournemouth even though there was a transfer embargo. He was approached by several clubs but decided to stay at Bournemouth. He then went to Burnley where he had reasonable success before returning to Bournemouth for personal reasons. The next year he secured promotion to the premiership and two years after promotion to the premiership. So I think you can say he has been successful from the word go. Also many other clubs were after his services. I don't see too many other clubs breaking down the doors to sign JFH.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                            His first year as manager he secured promotion to the first division at Bournemouth even though there was a transfer embargo. He was approached by several clubs but decided to stay at Bournemouth. He then went to Burnley where he had reasonable success before returning to Bournemouth for personal reasons. The next year he secured promotion to the premiership and two years after promotion to the premiership. So I think you can say he has been successful from the word go. Also many other clubs were after his services. I don't see too many other clubs breaking down the doors to sign JFH.
                            Bournemouth may not have been the greatest when Howe took over but they were settled which we haven't been since Warnock got us promoted
                            Last edited by dogsrrs; 24-10-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                              speaking of BAD comparisons does " Luongo & iniesta " ring any bells?
                              Moronic and petty are words I'd say are comparable to the way you act on here. I'd highlight those are good and accurate comparisons.

Not comparing quality with them, comparing styles. Luongo when dribbling with the ball moves so comfortably and fluidly, in the same way that at a higher level and to a higher standard, Iniesta does.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X