Season Starts Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Because long term, his value to us could be huge. It's the same reason you'd develop a player, because long term they have value to you. JFH could become incredible, he could become dogsh it just like any young player could. We're taking a risk but if it pays off, you have a manager who has a link to the club and who wants to be here and who has a link to the players he brings in and can make us a much better side as a result.
    In what way has JFH developed since he came here. Unless learning that he can potentially earn 50,000 pounds for giving speeches in the Far East. Our results and play are no better (and in some ways worse) than last season.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      In what way has JFH developed since he came here. Unless learning that he can potentially earn 50,000 pounds for giving speeches in the Far East. Our results and play are no better (and in some ways worse) than last season.
      Our results are exactly the same. The exact same results despite us last season spending around 300,000 - 400,000 a week more on wages. He can easily surpass that as we had a really poor run from now to january and will I imagine. Play I agree hasn't been great at times, but still we are getting results. Some games have been excellent, Leeds, Cardiff, Bristol, second half against Birmingham, periods against Fulham. Some have been dire and some have been average.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
        Some have been dire and some have been average.
        Like the manager.

Comment

We are 5 weeks or so from him being here a year and what has really changed other than Ramsay's shot at it was more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            We are 5 weeks or so from him being here a year and what has really changed other than Ramsay's shot at it was more entertaining.
            Literally nano explained that above...
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Good point and highlights how badly managed we really have been sinch August 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                Our results are exactly the same. The exact same results despite us last season spending around 300,000 - 400,000 a week more on wages. He can easily surpass that as we had a really poor run from now to january and will I imagine. Play I agree hasn't been great at times, but still we are getting results. Some games have been excellent, Leeds, Cardiff, Bristol, second half against Birmingham, periods against Fulham. Some have been dire and some have been average.
                Not sure we were paying that much on wages because a number of the players were out on loan the second half of the season. Also the new players we got in are not getting paid so much (we don't know how much) but it all adds up.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Good point and highlights how badly managed we really have been sinch August 2011.
                  And now we are being less badly managed... in fact I'd say we are being quite well managed.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    Very valid question. Does anyone have an answer? Totally agree with this.

Comment

Better managed Nas? Because Fernandes is no longer throwing money after bad? We have no choice but to be this way and if Fernandes could he would still be spunking dough left right and centre.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        So some sort of consistency is required to peak then.....
                        Lol you cant make it up, you would think nas is jfh the way he defends him
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Lol you cant make it up, you would think nas is jfh the way he defends him
                          Cringey

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            You don't really need consistency to get out of this league imo, you need to peak at the right times and put the pressure on everyone else as a result.
                            If we consistently get 3 points we will get out of the league.

Alternatively, if we consistently lose we will also get out of this league.

Comment

Working...
                            X