How poor is the league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How poor is the league?

I give JFH a pretty hard time because the footballs absolutely dire, I think we are under achieving in terms of results & performances and tbh I just don't think he's good enough or the man to take this club forward.

However, if I apply everything I have said above we are amazingly only 2 points of the play offs and 6 behind Brighton who are third! I find it quite amazing that we are in contention for the play offs, so has the quality of standard dropped in the championship and is JFH taking advantage of what is a poor league this year?

Imo..everyone seems to be so distraught by our performances that they are forgetting we're actually getting points...especially in draws (that feel like losses to some). We're doing alot better results wise than most people realise...even if the football is shyte.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

I don't think JFH has taken advantage, I think we are where we deserve to be. We were lucky at times against Fulham, we were unlucky against Barnsley. I think English football in general has lost in quality and this is clear throughout the league's. No team in any of these league's are very consistent nor the finished article. That's why we are where we are. I still think we will improve under JFH as we are. I think it takes time and there will be lots of dips but the ethos and personel are right which is a good start.

Comment

It's pretty much the same as it has been the last few years although it does appear Newcastle and Norwich are starting to get into gear.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          It's pretty much the same as it has been the last few years although it does appear Newcastle and Norwich are starting to get into gear.
          I'd agree with this. The general standard is really very poor.

On the plus side, it really wouldn't take an awful lot of improvement for us to be right up there.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Jimmy has taken advantage of it though.

Comment

Standard is as it always is IMO. I'd be amazed if we were 6 points behind third at the end of December though as that is generally when clubs either pick up or tail off from where they are after 10 or so games.

Comment

At the end of the first quarter of the season we are two points away (God knows how) from getting into the play offs.
              If we go onto the last quarter in the same position then we would have to believe we could make it.

Think there is two places up for grabs, cos Brighton and Birmingham have both been in this division a while and i reckon them two are certs for the first two places.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Think there is two places up for grabs, cos Brighton and Birmingham have both been in this division a while and i reckon them two are certs for the first two places.
                So have a lot of teams....!!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  So have a lot of teams....!!!?
                  They just both look equipped enough this season, and Brighton always get in the play offs anyway dont they.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    They just both look equipped enough this season, and Brighton always get in the play offs anyway dont they.
                    They both do as do Sheff Weds. Would expect Bristol City and Huddersfield to drop out by the end of the season.

Just thought it funny that your prerequisite of getting into the POs was being in the division a while....

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      They both do as do Sheff Weds. Would expect Bristol City and Huddersfield to drop out by the end of the season.

Just thought it funny that your prerequisite of getting into the POs was being in the division a while....
                      Does seem to work like that, all the biggish clubs always seem to be in the play offs if they have been down here a while. (Hence us thinking little old Bristol and Huddersfield will drop down)
                      Boro finally got up and they are big. Derby are well due a promotion, but doubt it will be this season after all the bollarks.

Comment

Shocking standard league, really noticed it this season so far.

So many teams lack quality in the final third.

Bar Newcastle no-one has impressed me.

Comment

When you actually analyze that had we taken maximum points off the 2 bottom clubs when we played them at Home Preston and Blackburn, as we would have been expected to, we would basically be 3rd or 4th and a couple of points off the top spot, yes it is a poor standard so far this season. It also shows that any of the teams from 1st down to 18th or 19th place still have a chance of getting promoted through the play offs, which in many ways whilst being a poor standard, it is a very exciting league with anyone capable of beating anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            off the 2 bottom clubs when we played them at Home Preston and Blackburn,
                            Preston are 13th and only 2 points behind us and Blackburn are 4th from bottom?? I don't think we should have been expecting to beat Preston at all - they finished above us last season - Blackburn, sure we should have done better.

Comment

Birmingham getting beat by Burton.

Comment

Working...
                              X