Away form compared to home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Away form compared to home

Why is our away form so much better than at home?

Oddly, on away points we're almost top of the league, but at home we're almost bottom.

1) Do the players feel less pressure when playing away and the shackles come off?

2) Is JFH's playing style better suited to playing away, or counter-attacking?

Or any other reasons?...

Some won't like hearing this but the home support is s hite and has been long before JFH turned up. We don't support or back them if we're honest!!!! Usual suspects will say its boring bla bla bla but if we wanted to create an atmosphere and gee the team up we could

Comment

Away support regardless of performance gets behind the team and has a sing song even if it is gallows humour. Look at Fulham for an example or Huddersfield plenty of singing

Comment

I think it's playing style Stan - JFH's style seems to be very defensively based with a lot of work seemingly focused on when we do not have the ball, which is perfect for away matches.

At home when teams can tend to sit off, we've found it hard having to be the aggressor with the ball, taking the game to other teams.

I'm hoping in the coming months that JFH focuses his training sessions more on what we do when we have the ball.

Let's not bring us fans into the equation here, don't think support from us at home has anything to do with it at all - Atmosphere was awful the other night and we played some really good stuff.

Comment

If I remember the home support when we were last in the premiership (under Redknapp) was amazing and got us a result in a number of games.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
            If I remember the home support when we were last in the premiership (under Redknapp) was amazing and got us a result in a number of games.
            Hughes when he got job towards the end. Was rubbish under Harry

Comment

You talking 0ne point difference

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                I think it's playing style Stan - JFH's style seems to be very defensively based with a lot of work seemingly focused on when we do not have the ball, which is perfect for away matches.

At home when teams can tend to sit off, we've found it hard having to be the aggressor with the ball, taking the game to other teams.

I'm hoping in the coming months that JFH focuses his training sessions more on what we do when we have the ball.

Let's not bring us fans into the equation here, don't think support from us at home has anything to do with it at all - Atmosphere was awful the other night and we played some really good stuff.

Comment

Could Nas or someone put up the points difference and wins draws and losses at home and away please.
                  Really didnt think the gulf was as huge as the thread title suggests. Shocked to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Could Nas or someone put up the points difference and wins draws and losses at home and away please.
                    Really didnt think the gulf was as huge as the tgread suggests.
                    Home points: 9 (2 wins, 3 draws, 2 Losses) 17th in the league; Away points: 10 (3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses) 4th in the league
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

17th at home and 4th away, we are currently 9th
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I guess the contrast was more stark before Tuesday's victory (the first since matchday 1). I intended to post the thread then but hadn't got round to it. The issue has been noteworthy nevertheless over the season to date.

Interesting replies so far on the reasons...

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Home points: 9 (2 wins, 3 draws, 2 Losses) 17th in the league; Away points: 10 (3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses) 4th in the league
                          Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            Some won't like hearing this but the home support is s hite and has been long before JFH turned up. We don't support or back them if we're honest!!!! Usual suspects will say its boring bla bla bla but if we wanted to create an atmosphere and gee the team up we could
                            This. Making a ######## of our big chance - twice - hasn't helped motivate the crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

Absolutely bang on.

Comment

Working...
                              X