How does warnock do it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
    Warnock is king, but unfortunately he's yesterdays news. We gotta move forward and find our own Warnock circa 2011 to get us up.

A harsh reality is, where are these managers.
    Every single year 3 managers get their team promoted. So that is 3 of them. Incase people forget Warnock and his record he may be of use getting out of this league but he is absolutely hopeless in the premiership (relegated and sacked twice) and that is where we want to be long term. Pointless going up with a manager that has been proven to not be able to manage in the PL.

Comment

He does it by sitting in his office reading the racing post, taking appearance money for players he signs, whilst his coaches take the sessions.

Basically he does f&ck all apart from put an arm around players and it still seems to work somehow...

Comment

HaHa

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          Just for some perspective...

We had one fantastic season with Warnock in 2010/11.

Since then he has been sacked by 2 clubs (Palace & Leeds) and done an excellent job at Rotherham.

I really don't get the obsession in bringing his name up over and over again. Will there be Cardiff threads all year round? Cardiff FFS!
          Brian your post is only based on from the time he joined us he did more than a bit before that

Comment

Not meaning to be personal, but seriously, when is he going to cut off his barnet?

Awful haircut, looks like my late grandmother.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              Whilst I agree NW is/was a fabulous manager, he was getting pelted by many on here during our run in the year we won the championship. Often criticised for playing a centre back at LB or RB !
              Can't say I remember that. Orr and Hill played RB and LB for the majority of that season didn't they?

Comment

Just for some perspective...

We had one fantastic season with Warnock in 2010/11.

Since then he has been sacked by 2 clubs (Palace & Leeds) and done an excellent job at Rotherham.

I really don't get the obsession in bringing his name up over and over again. Will there be Cardiff threads all year round? Cardiff FFS!
                Not sure why you've got such a downer on the bloke. He kept us up the first year when we easily could've gone down, p issed the league in the second year, never really got a chance in the PL (we were out of the bottom 3 when he was bagged), and he still came back and steadied the ship last season. As for what he did at other clubs, with all due respect I personally couldn't give a t oss. Leeds are a basket case, and the owners at Palace are always total doughnuts. The guy has been overhwelmingly quality for us, and 2011 was still the most enjoyable season in my lifetime supporting Rangers.

Comment

As others have said, he just puts an arm around some players, gives a hair dryer treatment to others and picks the right players in the right positions. I'm sure he is a decent fella at the bar but also I wouldn't want to upset the guy.
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                    Not sure why you've got such a downer on the bloke. He kept us up the first year when we easily could've gone down, p issed the league in the second year, never really got a chance in the PL (we were out of the bottom 3 when he was bagged), and he still came back and steadied the ship last season. As for what he did at other clubs, with all due respect I personally couldn't give a t oss. Leeds are a basket case, and the owners at Palace are always total doughnuts. The guy has been overhwelmingly quality for us, and 2011 was still the most enjoyable season in my lifetime supporting Rangers.
                    Not a downer on him at all. The championship winning season was fantastic and I will always be a big fan of his. I just don't see what the point is of constantly following him around and comparing what he is doing now with what is happening at QPR. 5 years now since we won the championship so surely time to move on. I mentioned his recent record as a reminder that he in no way guarantees success. If we lose at the weekend and Cardiff win then it all starts up again. I just don't see the point.

Comment

Not a downer on him at all. The championship winning season was fantastic and I will always be a big fan of his. I just don't see what the point is of constantly following him around and comparing what he is doing now with what is happening at QPR. 5 years now since we won the championship so surely time to move on. I mentioned his recent record as a reminder that he in no way guarantees success. If we lose at the weekend and Cardiff win then it all starts up again. I just don't see the point.
                      We have/are trying to move on but fact is Warnock and the 2011 season in particular are the benchmark that is set for all new managers to be judged against.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        We have/are trying to move on but fact is Warnock and the 2011 season in particular are the benchmark that is set for all new managers to be judged against.
                        Also he was brought in to help Ramsey and a number of people thought he would take over as manager until the end of the season at least, instead of appointing JFH, so there will always be discussions about this.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                          Can't say I remember that. Orr and Hill played RB and LB for the majority of that season didn't they?
                          Hill is a CB we always played LB

Comment

Warnock will do fck all with Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              Can't agree with you Nano about 'no rush to promotion'. How do you control a slow route to promotion? You can't pick the games to win and lose, you should go out to win every game. Win every game, you get promoted - that's the competition you are in and you play to win or you are cheating the fans and the club. Fail, but not for the want of trying, is fair enough. Don't play well enough because you are not really bothered about winning would be a scandal. Get promoted then deal with it. Better than we did. It can be done. Bournemouth. Watford (Watford!). Swansea. Hull. The Chamionship will get harder every year as richer and richer clubs drop, so I would say that any Championship club with ambition needs to get their finger out every week.
                              Agree fully with this. I bet majority here think Bournemouth were wrongly promoted because they spent only two seasons in the Championship.

Comment

Did Junior Hoilett eventually go to Cardiff?
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X