How does warnock do it !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does warnock do it !

Looks like 2 out of 2 for neil !I for one would of had him back in a heart beat

He is a very talented championship manager. The issue is we no longer need short term, we need a man who will stay and work on the football, the youth squad and finances and JFH, Les and Hoos are doing that. There is no rush to promotion. Warnock has never really been able to transfer it to the premiership.

Comment

1-1 now

Comment

Simple. He's a brilliant man manager, who picks the best players in their favoured positions, organises the team quickly, explains to his side what he expects from them and ensures that the better players in his team see most of the ball by playing direct. Tactically he may get found out in the PL, but the bloke's a terrific (and IMO vastly under-rated) manager.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
          Simple. He's a brilliant man manager, who picks the best players in their favoured positions, organises the team quickly, explains to his side what he expects from them and ensures that the better players in his team see most of the ball by playing direct. Tactically he may get found out in the PL, but the bloke's a terrific (and IMO vastly under-rated) manager.
          Have to agree with all of this - he's the only one to ever get anything out of Taraabt. We'll never know but he would likely have been no worse than Hughes.

Comment

100% this. Immense manager who we should of brought back.

P***es all over JFH as a manager and imo would of built a squad capable of being promoted. All this he's short term is rubbish as I believe he's signed on to Cardiff for 2 years. Warnock would build a Burnley type of side that's capable of getting out of this league and would compete at the bottom end of the prem.

I stand by what I said the other day and I bet Cardiff finish above us if we keep JFH.

Comment

Whilst I agree NW is/was a fabulous manager, he was getting pelted by many on here during our run in the year we won the championship. Often criticised for playing a centre back at LB or RB !

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                He is a very talented championship manager. The issue is we no longer need short term, we need a man who will stay and work on the football, the youth squad and finances and JFH, Les and Hoos are doing that. There is no rush to promotion. Warnock has never really been able to transfer it to the premiership.
                Can't agree with you Nano about 'no rush to promotion'. How do you control a slow route to promotion? You can't pick the games to win and lose, you should go out to win every game. Win every game, you get promoted - that's the competition you are in and you play to win or you are cheating the fans and the club. Fail, but not for the want of trying, is fair enough. Don't play well enough because you are not really bothered about winning would be a scandal. Get promoted then deal with it. Better than we did. It can be done. Bournemouth. Watford (Watford!). Swansea. Hull. The Chamionship will get harder every year as richer and richer clubs drop, so I would say that any Championship club with ambition needs to get their finger out every week.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                  It's debatable whether JHF can do it in the Championship. I can't see him as a premiership manager. If we ever get to the premiership, IMO we will be looking for a premiership manager.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                    It's debatable whether JHF can do it in the Championship. I can't see him as a premiership manager. If we ever get to the premiership, IMO we will be looking for a premiership manager.
                    If he gets us into the premier league which I think he will, he will have earned a chance to keep us there. As for the above point, it's not about controlling how many games you win or lose, the aim is to win every game, but lets say we have JFH and NW in two different worlds get us into the prem. They get up by exactly the same points total, exactly the same goals scored and conceded, but we have to choose one world that was reality. I'd go with the one JFH is in charge in, because I see a more long term goal there with him. NW wouldn't fancy being a prem manager for very long in the situation that he's in and I can see him stepping down and all the work that went into us is immediately devalued.

The point nano was making was that if we get into the prem now, it'll be because the players are capable of making the step up and the manager is. But not getting into the prem this season doesn't mean the season is a failure. So there is no "rush to promotion", it has to be as natural as possible and when we go through that phase where we earn our place by naturally progressing to the point where we are above the championship, like Stoke were, like Swansea were, like Bournemouth, Southampton et al.

Going up this season with this squad and this manager will be natural progression and it'll show the players are ready, just as going up next season, the season after or after would. But with NW, I feel like it'd be just like the last promotion, where we went up with a mindset that wasn't ready for premier league football. NW famously tells his players to "go out there and just have some fun". Unfortunately, the harsh reality is that in the prem, that probably won't work.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Warnock is a man that knows what he is doing and trusts himself to do what needs doing. Cardiff are lucky to have him and a shame he did not return.

Comment

Warnock is king, but unfortunately he's yesterdays news. We gotta move forward and find our own Warnock circa 2011 to get us up.

A harsh reality is, where are these managers.

Comment

warnock sam alladyce haeet redknapp are all managerial geniuses jimmy the hoover couldnt manage a girls netball team sack him as quick as possible and re instate warnock pay cardiff a compensation order sacking ferdinand and ramsey at the same time
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

I remember when we were first linked with him and so many posters said he was a #### and never wanted him at club and even referred to him as Colin which I believe is derogatory towards him!!!!!!

Views changed though. He's my favourite ever Rangers boss and a proper football manager but a dying type

Comment

Just for some perspective...

We had one fantastic season with Warnock in 2010/11.

Since then he has been sacked by 2 clubs (Palace & Leeds) and done an excellent job at Rotherham.

I really don't get the obsession in bringing his name up over and over again. Will there be Cardiff threads all year round? Cardiff FFS!

Comment

Working...
                              X